Chapter thirty six- What did I do?

Say hello to Guillermo Martinez. A humble personnel 🙏🏼

Word of the day: Sometimes we pull ourselves down by thinking that we haven't been forgiven.. the only problem is you haven't forgiven yourself. 🖤

Another update, hope you'll like it.

Enjoy ❤️---------------------

Iris P.O.V.

" I can't believe three idiots and an elder are under the same roof!"

  Guess who's on the phone?

If you called Megan then you're correct.

" Look I know you love your brother and hate Hunter but there's no need for name calling" I chuckled into the receiver.

  She called in the office at around eleven am and this is some minutes to one in the afternoon.

  We really have a lot to cover and discuss.

" Don't give yourself credits, when I said elder? I meant Louisa"

  That was a pang to the chest.

" Ouch! Megan!"

" Oh shush mush.. I'm still angry with you. It's really annoying that I got to hear of this Mason Reid through Dylan"

  I feel bad that she had to hear it from him too, but it's already bad enough that he is Meredith's brother.

In a way, I feel like I'm betraying her trust.

" I'm sorry, but you know. Meredith and all other factors"

" I got to find out he's Meredith's brother from Dylan too. What is wrong with the world!?"

  She actually sounds frustrated but her reaction is funny.

" We're sorry"

" Speak on thy behalf"

I can almost see her pouting.

" Alright. I'm sorry".

" Good. But you're not forgiven"

  This is actually serious.

" I'll make it up to you"

  She started to say something but I didn't hear her cause Hunter just walked into my office.

" Err- Meg? Code black" I used our signal for whenever an urgency comes up and we need to end our conversation abruptly.

  She groaned and ended the call as a sign that we aren't done here.

" I've been waiting for the file for hour's! What is wrong with you?"

  File? What file?

You were supposed to hand him the documents of La Cherie magazine to sign off before Megan called..

Oh shit!

" I'm so sorry about that" I jumped up from my chair and ran over to the cabinet.

" Just get me the goddamn files"

  Hunter has been unnecessarily angry with me all through the week.

  I mean, it's usual for him to be angry at me but this is beyond the normal.

  Dropping the files in front of him, he signed them like there's fire in the ink and hurriedly turned to march out.

" Uhm... Mr McConnell?" I called out to his retreating figure.