Chapter Thirty Nine - Everyone drove home

Mrs Phoebe Omerti. We remember Dylan's mom right? Believe me, she ain't forgotten in this book yet...

Who's listened to Zayn's Album, Icarus falls?

Another update.. let's see if Chance's intentions were really clean.

I hope you do enjoy ❤️---------------

Warning... Long Chapter 😑

Iris's P.O.V.

" If I had a say in this, I'd like to wonder why you were called?" Edward said after a yawn.

We were already driving down to the address Chance had given over the phone.

The road was too quiet and except for a few bodies moving in corners and Shadow's whom I presume to be notorious teenagers, nothing else was found.

The half Moon illuminated the road as well as the street lights and our car moved somewhat slowly with me in the passenger seat.

" Huh?"

" I mean it's midnight and that alley is notorious for all things not positive, so why would Chance call up a lady specifically you at this time to come get Hunter?" He explained further but his voice was extremely hoarse.

" Maybe cause I was the nearest contact he could reach?"

" I don't believe that. Mr Chance is very good friend of Hunter that we all know of, he could have called me with Hunter's phone or better still with his phone because I'm pretty sure Chance has my number"

Now I just became scared.

I never analyzed it this way before.

Yeah, I was startled that of all people to call at this hour it was me despite Hunter and I not being on right terms.

But this throws a whole new light to the situation.

" You don't think they're gonna hurt me right?"

They can't. Mr McConnell would have their heads if my parents don't do it first.

" Mr Chance I'm sure won't touch you but I'll advise to stay away from Hunter. A drunk Hunter in the presence of whom he's angry at isn't a good fit"

How does he know he's angry with me? Is it that obvious?

I gulped and remained silent all through the rest of our ride.

We got to the club in a few minutes and the Sal Paulo building seemed lifeless.

All lights surrounding it were put out and the place looked closed down for the night.

I just elevated from scared to terrified.

" Err- Edward?"

" Hold on a minute. This is a two four seven operating business so there must be a genuine reason as to why it's closed. Let me call Chance"

Edward pulled out his phone from the holding compartment and after a few taps on the screen, he held it up to his ear.

" Hello.... Yes.......... We're outside....... But the place is closed......... Uhun...... okay, we'll wait" went his brief conversation on the phone.

" What did he say?"

" He's coming out now"

" That doesn't explain why the place is locked"

" He said they paid the owner to shut down because of an emergency" He turned off the car and stepped out.

Within seconds, I followed suit.