Chapter Fifty- Yes

More of Iris/Jules .. an angel 🥀😍

Update Again 😊

Enjoy 🙂❤️-----------

Iris's P.O.V.
——————

Well getting through a night of trying to explain how Hunter had an accident that affected his right shoulder in a car that is still completely intact wasn't as easy as it sounded.

And arriving home at past midnight wasn't a good picture to it all.

Surprisingly, Louisa was also bothered about him. Accidents seem to gory for her age so I went with he's not feeling too good.

  Now I have settled his household, his employees were a lot harder to convince. Especially Clarissa, I honestly don't know why she's so adamant that it wasn't an accident.

  So in general, it was a frustrating day. But at least it's done with.

  Now, Edward and I are on our way to pick up Hunter from the hospital. I've never been more nervous in my life.

Not even for my driving lessons.

" Miss Jules are you okay? You've been fidgeting since we began this journey" his grip on the steering wheel tightening.

  My behavior isn't helping him one bit cause he feels the accident was a lot serious than I presented it to be.

" Jules if there's something I should be expecting I'd rather you tell me now" he couldn't take his eyes off the road but I could feel the tension from even a mile away.

" I'm sorry Edward. Hunter's fine, I'm the one I'm not sure of"

  Edward squeezed his brows in confusion but that didn't stop him from speaking.

" What is wrong?"

" Hunter and I aren't really on the best of terms" if that's the way to put it.

" So why does that bother you now? Even your kid knows that things aren't really rosy between you two"

" Yeah. I guess situations cause the feel. But he's perfectly fine. That is, except for the injury of course" I remarked and I feel that ended the conversation.

  We rode in silence to the hospital and wasted no time in marching up to his room.

  As soon as we got to his door, Edward flung it open like it was on fire but soon calmed down at the sight he was seeing.

  A nurse was tying back his bandage to his shoulder with a flirty smile on her lips and Hunter in turn reciprocated.

  I think that's enough sign for Edward to believe Hunter is both physically and mentally alright.

" See you some other time?" The nurse muttered to Hunter as she was done wrapping him up. I don't think they see Edward and I as in interruption.

" I hope so" he winked at her in response and she picked up her tray, still smiling while she walked out.

" Edward! How are you?" Hunter greeted immediately the nurse left us alone.

" Mr McConnell, I should be asking you that." Edward said almost angrily at Hunter.

" Well I'm fine if that's what you're bothered about"

" Hunter what are we going to tell your father?" Edward was actually more concerned about this than the victim.

" I've already informed him" Hunter shrugged

That stunned the elderly man for a while, but he regained his composure as soon as he lost it.