Chapter thirteen- She had really changed

" Louie honey, you've been quiet all morning are you okay?"

  It's the truth. Louisa was always very cheerful and jumpy in the morning, so to my assumptions she was a morning person.

But sadly not today.

And I'm beginning to get worried.

" Maybe she's sick or something " Cheryn who was the shortest and most plump lady who came to greet me with a hug on my first day suggested.

" Are you sick? Any belly pains?" I asked her to confirm Cheryn's suspicion but she just shook her head in a negative response.

" Louie? Should I make your banana smoothie?" Cheryn asked her but she just shook her head in a no again.

Louisa is declining her favorite snack.

Something is definitely wrong.

" Okay, should I cook something else?" Cheryn was in charge of cooking around here, so trying to win Louie over with a meal wasn't surprising.

What surprised me was she still declined.

Cheryn was a mother of two kids who were boys, they lived in Louisiana and they're all grown up. One has a job in Louisiana while the other is in college. She lost her husband slightly over a year ago so she may understand the perks of single parenting a little.

" You should talk to her" Cheryn whispers to me then goes back to preparing another meal after dropping a plate of pancakes for us.

I nodded to her and turned my attention back to Louisa.

" Baby, tell me what's wrong. I can help you " I cooed in her ear while rubbing her back in a circular motion.

  What scared the crap out of me was when I noticed her eyes glistening.

She's about to cry.

Louie doesn't cry.

" Baby please say something " I placed my forehead on hers to reassure her that I'm still here.

  She sniffed before nodding and mouthing an okay.

  I stayed put and braced myself for what she was about to say.

" I...I... I was-"

" Good morning Mr Hunter " Cheryn's voice rang across the kitchen and I turned to see Hunter entering the kitchen with a scowl on his face.

Clearly someone didn't have enough sleep.

  I looked back to Louisa for her to continue with what she wanted to say but she wasn't looking at me anymore.

  Her demeanor changed like she was looking at a viper.

Fear was written all over her face and goosebumps spread across her entire skin.

  I followed her eyes to know what she was looking at and then it hit me.

  She was looking at Hunter.

She's scared of Hunter!!

  What the fuck did he do to her.

" Louie, did he touch you?" Venom very clear in my speech.

I swear if he touched her, I will most definitely have him choked on his dick before signing for an arrest.

" No, no he.. He didn't "

" You're stammering. What did he do to you?" I whispered in her ear.

" It was my fault " She looked to the ground and what I saw broke my heart.