Chapter twenty seven- I'm getting tired

Guess who's above 😁

If you said Iris/ Jules, then you're right.

And that's the star of my book above ⬆

Another update... Please do enjoy.

This may be a short chapter.. Kinda.

-----------------------------------

Hunter's P.O.V.

Simple instruction!

Stay away from Mason!

She couldn't adhere to the simplest instruction I've ever given her in this life!

I will not stay put and watch every plan I've perfectly laid for a year go down the drain.

What did she not understand? My relationship is on a low key and I don't want another secret on the spur.

Didn't I ask nicely enough?

" Uhm, Mr McConnell?"

Fuck! Lily is still here.

" Sorry about that, go on " I snap back to reality where lily exists and give her a little attention.

I honestly needed my concentration on this.

But it's not going to be possible whenever I remember how she would have willingly destroyed a good plot by laying her lips on the second born of Reid's.

Even if she was going to destroy my plan by kissing him, a little respect should be accorded and it should not be done under my fuckin roof!

" Mr McConnell!"

Dammit! Lily.

" I'm sorry, sorry. Carry on "

For the first time since I met Lily, this is the first time she's actually getting frustrated with me.

Well, first time aside the time I teased her before we-

Not the point!

She even looks exasperated.

" I think I'll just drop the ledger for you to go through it when you're.. errr- done" She pushes the book towards me and stood up swiftly.

Then with a nod, she was out.

I took deep breaths steadily and squeezed my eyes shut to suppress the numbing anger, but nothing is working.

" Okay Hunter, breathe in and out. Cool breaths. cool, calm, steady breaths" I motivated myself and to my surprise it actually worked.

After calming down, I decided to call my father.

If I'm gonna run this company, I need my sanity.

And Iris is against that.

After what I assume was the final ring before the beep, my dad answers.

" Strange "

Strange? That's the first thing he can say to me

" Hello to you too Dad " I scoffed into the phone at his behavior.

" It's still strange ".

What is up with everyone and getting on my nerves.

" Dad I need to talk to you " My voice deadpan serious.

" If you've not made a fifty million profit and calling me to celebrate, then I don't wanna hear it."

He has got to be kidding me.