Chapter Nineteen- I love this girl

Hey people... Thanks for reading up to this point.. Your comments and votes are inspiring 😌😌..

I just got to meet some amazing author's of recent.. And I'll be introducing them one after the other in my chapters.

The first author is a lovely person you'll know as Violetic13

Go check out her book 'Blood, bones and Clay' it's intriguing.. But I pray for her update soon 🤧🤧

_______________________________

    Monday morning.. Meaning another week is almost gone and Hunter's honeymoon-ing secretary is still living her best life.

  Edward just took Louisa to school and I'm tidying up after her before heading out to work myself.

  After I picked up one of Louie's clothes from the floor, the ringing of my cellphone interrupted my activity.

  I had a little thought in mind that heavens should let it be that Mr Brooks had changed his mind and is retracting me back to Bridgewaters.

  I approached the phone on the nightstand and checked the caller.

  After seeing who it was, I literally got angry at myself. Then I answered the call.

" Meredith I am so, so, so sorry I haven't been keeping in touch. It's just.....there are so many things happening right now and I don't even know how to explain them to anyone " Maybe she will buy my pleas. I've really been a terrible friend.

" Uhunn... I hear you. Keep 'em coming " I could feel her eye roll through the phone and it got me laughing.

" How have you been?" I finally asked after my laughter had died down.

" Well I've been alive, since you clearly didn't want to check up on me. Sigh, sigh, more sighs" This girl never changes.

  And that thought brings a smile on my face.

" I've been making promises to myself to contact you but like I said, there are so many things going on in my life right now " I sighed and took a seat on my bed.

" Oh yeah, things like what?"

" You heard from Megan that I got transferred to work for another employee till his secretary returns?" This story is going to be longer if she hasn't heard.

" Yeah I did"

" Well, the man I'm working for is Mr Brooks son"

" Still not seeing the problem. Is he harsh?"

" Meredith.... Mr Brooks son is Hunter"

  There was a really strange silence on the phone and I thought there's a connection failure somewhere.

" Hello?" I called into the phone.

" Is it just me, or did you say Mr Brooks son is Hunter?" Her voice becoming more serious than the playful tone of earlier.

" I did"

" What the actual fuck!? Brooks is Mr Brooks name right? not his surname." I was really glad Louisa had gone to school so as not to hear all the swearing that will proceed from my lovely friend's mouth.

" Yeah, it's his name "

" But Hunter's surname is Brooks not something else"

" Hunter's surname is McConnell, just like Mr Brooks but I don't understand why he preferred the Brooks in school anyway "