Chapter Forty Nine- At least

Remember Mr Hayes? That's him... He'll still show up later on.

Another update..

I love you....❤️🤧

Enjoy.......

Iris's P.O.V.
-------

  I was frozen.

  A cold shiver ran down my spine that made me wonder if the blue flickers in my vision were actual works of imagination or a dramatic change in weather.

  It seemed like time started to slow down. What should be seconds had become minutes.

  I didn't know what to do. If you're shot, you should at least feel the pain. But I feel nothing except for the cold feet I've developed.

  I can feel tiny trickles of liquid gliding down my back. Then again it could be my own sweat.

" Aarrrrgh!" A loud groan of pain reached my ears and only when I discovered it wasn't from my own lips did I accept that I wasn't shot.

  That can only mean-

I turned around so fast to see Hunter kneeling on the floor whilst gripping his chest.

Or is it his shoulder?

My feet took commands before my brain could and ran towards him to assist.

He moaned loudly and raised his palm from the place he held it. Displaying a blood soaked suit and stained hands.

" Jesus! Hunter. How? What? Are you okay?"

Okay, maybe that isn't the right question to ask him at this hour.

" Fucking hell! Iris get me to a hospital!" Even in pain he still has the reflex of giving out orders.

I glanced round and over my shoulder to know if I can spot anyone suspicious who might be responsible for this. But oddly there's no one around.

  The entire avenue looked empty. I don't even think there were eye witnesses to this event.

Parts of the issue in being around a commercial area. Timing is their everything and most of his employees had gone home.

" Iris! I will bleed to death if you don't-"

" Hunter I don't know how to administer first aid" I needed to say it now so we can understand our situation.

" Heavenly father of Poseidon! You acquired over five skills after leaving school and saving lives wasn't a necessity?" Regardless of the fact he was acting all mean, his eyes held an indellible amount of fear that could not be hidden.

  He's scared for his life, but I can't do a thing.

" I don't know. It never crossed my mind as urgent at the time" I bit my lower lip in confusion.

  He might lose half his blood before we get to the hospital.

" Fine. Just drive me to the nearest hospital, quick. I'm beginning to feel light-headed" he calmed down and absorbed the circumstances around us.

  I nodded apprehensively then assisted him in standing up and getting into the back seat before I scurried to the front after picking his keys from the ground and driving off at a punishable speed.

+++++++++++++++++++++

" Thank you Miss Jules. We'll be sure to get it to him" the male nurse smiled as he withdrew the needle which was inserted into my arm.