Chapter 2 - Dreams crushed

Izuku's P.O.V.

"Can a quirkless......become a hero?"

I asked All might with hope, grabbing the last straw, I sincerely hope that he would say "Yes" so that it can prove that the others (Kacchan) was wrong.

However he answered, "My boy, I have to say, that it is impossible for a quirkless to be a hero, as you know heroes always have to risk their lives helping and fighting villains. Therefore, having a quirk is a must for the occupation. If you really want to help others, maybe you can consider to be a police officer. Although it is a minor one, it still helps a lot in our society."

After he said that, he walked away from the alley, leaving a skinny shadow behind.

My world shattered in a moment, nothing was much more convincing from my idol's mouth, he crushed my dreams and just left. My brain was blank-stated, replaying their conversation over and over, then I suddenly burst out tears.

"Why......Why do you have to tell me that I can't be a hero? You are my last straw you know?"

Then, a man wearing a hood appeared from nowhere and stood in front of me.

"Hello, kid"he said peacefully"seems like you have been rejected by All Might, aren't you? Do you want to get revenge on him, or do you want to remain quirkless and continue to be bullied?"

I didn't process his words immediately since I was still in a great shock, but soon I asked, "What do you mean? And who are you?"

"I am Shigaraki Tomura,"he introduced himself,"the leader of the League of Villains (L.o.V), we are planning to reset this society by killing All Might, the symbol of peace. We look forward to a world that is equal to everyone, and I think you will be a good ally by using your intelligence, don't ask me how I know, we know everything about you, Midoriya Izuku."

My eyes were widened, I understand that he wants me join their somewhat called L.o.V organization, and it was obvious that they are villains considering the name of it, but how did they know about my academic results or my background?

Thinking of that, I calmed myself down and answered,"I will consider about it, after all, being a hero was still my dream." I believed that if I said "no" immediately, I'm sure that I would be killed right then.

"That's alright, contact this number when you got your choice."

He sucked me a piece of paper then walked away.

"Oh, and one more thing" he stopped, turning his back to me "I truly recommend you to go back as soon as possible, I saw a berserk hero running towards your home on my way back home, so if......"

I ran away before he could finish his sentence.

No, no, Mum please be safe......

When I ran back home, everything was too late. My house was surrounded by the police and I saw them arresting an unconscious, red man.

The scene was so bloody that some lyrics of a song popped out in my mind.

The skies are filled with blood filled rain,

a morbid painting on display,

this is the night the young love died,

buried at each other's side

---Partners in Crime---

The only thing that was different from the lyrics is that, the 'lover' isn't anyone else but my mother-Inko Midoriya, and the fact that she was the only one who was dead.

I stood there miserably,  I can't believe what was happening in front of my eyes,  a hero,  which I dreamt to become, killed my mother.

Word count:619