Chapter 50 - The brothers' past (part of them)

Jekyll's P.O.V
Hyde and I were brothers, we were born by the same parents. However, we were almost like the opposite of each other.

I like white but he likes black, he likes killing but I don't. I have emotions but he seems like he don't, I have the ability to walk but he (somehow) can't touch the ground.

We were opposite physically and mentality, nevertheless, we still could get along and have a good relationship.

That's the way we lived before we were 12.

Once, our parents requested us to go on a quest, which requires us to go to the world they created.

According to our normal logic, we thought that they would not do anything that will harm us, their child. Therefore we agreed their suggestion.

Hyde's P. O. V.
I walked out the trapdoor after my conversation with Hisashi, only to see Jekyll speaking about our past.

Really, that's what I thought Jekyll would do.

"Then we...... Oh Hyde." Jekyll stopped as he saw the both of us.

"Don't mind, you can continue. This will not count as the last question." I sat back to my wheelchair and went to the flower sea outside.

Watching at the red Lycoris Radiata sea, I was relaxed.

Those were my responding flowers, mysterious, seductive and sad, just like myself.

The reason they were were my signature flowers was because they symbolizes the beauty of death and the fact that they were also hated by people due to its negative meanings.

Thinking of that, I picked up a flower and put in front of my mouth, then I looked back ay Jekyll who was recalling the past, when can I return it to him? I won't be here forever, or he would be mad.

Flashback
As the brothers born by the Gods, we both have strong powers, that remained the same even after we reincarnated. Jekyll became the warrior that helped them fought their biggest enemy-the Demon King. We could communicate with each other using telepathy but I didn't use that anymore after the first conversation between us.

Although we don't look alike, we were still close to each other despite the fact that I couldn't react to his actions since my emotions were taken by our parents. Jekyll didn't know that, and I hope he would never know what I really became - a cold-blooded killing machine.

But I still have to say, how ironic it was that the parents that we admired most wanted us to kill each other.

Jekyll was given the role of the warrior from the oracle to help the kingdom accomplish the quest, he had allies helping him and the process was very smooth, no big problem had arrived in front of them. For me, I was given the role of the cruelest Demon King, my duty was to kill all humans and successfully kill the warrior of justice.

Like all similar fairytales, Jekyll had to kill me to fulfill his role, same as me. I was frustrated about our parents' thoughts and the innocence of Jekyll of thinking that our parents love us, not only did I developed deep hatred and despair, that was also when I met Karma.

"I can help you with that," He smiled, "but in return, you must be my soldier after this, no matter who you become."

We made a contract with each other that he would help me to kill my parents, and that I would have to follow his order after he helped me. Whoever didn't follow the contract would cause bad consequences of their partners and allies.

After that, I went to the group of justice secretly at night, seeing that Jekyll spoke about our identity, I could see that his allies could be trusted, and one of them seemed to be able to connect us to something. Interesting. I thought as I grinned, looks like Jekyll had found good friends along his journey, he still doesn't know about the truth.