Chapter 28 - Shinsou's P and W

"Where should we start?"

Izuku asked, he hadn't thought about the questions he would be asking Shinsou. But there's one thing that he really want and need to know.

"How about...... Let's start from our past."

Shinsou's face blackened, looked like the topic wasn't his preference.

"Why would you want to know that?"

"Well you see, I heard your sentence about you won't be a hero in others' eyes anyway. So just want to know what happened, since Shouto also had a similar problem before, I just want to help and I'm not recruiting you to become one of us without your will." Izuku said, it was true that he didn't thought of recruiting Shinsou by force, all the members in the vanguard squad were self-willed, force was not a good option everytime. "I think we are similar people."

Shinsou glared at Izuku, "Similar? Are you sure?"

"Who knows if you don't say it out loud?"

"Argh......Fine." Shinsou started, "Speaking of my past, it was totally a nightmare to me. In this society, people with quirks are considered as privileged, however that's not always the case, especially to me."

"I was bullied since I got my villainous quirk, everyday, everynight, I was haunted by everyone's words. Words about that I should die, words about my 'future' that they saw, pushing me down every second."

"Wait," Izuku interrupted, "may I ask what is your quirk?"

"Why do you want to know?"

"It's just my hobby, I'm obsessed with people's quirk and every time I found one I am willing to jot them down." Izuku did an innocent smile as he held his notebook and pen. That smile shone on Shinsou's face making him unable to disapprove his question.

"Okay! Fine! I'll tell you alright!? Stop shining on me!"

"Oh! Pardon my curiosity." Izuku chuckled. It was so fun to see Shinsou's reaction.

"Anyway, my quirk is Brainwashing, literally. I can control others without them noticing, however they need to respond my word and I need to have the will to brainwash them." Shinsou stated, "Once I couldn't stand the bully's word, and I accidentally activated my quirk, telling him to kill himself. Guess what? He really did."

"Since then, I always told myself to move on, to become a hero in order to prove them wrong. Also to redeem myself from my sins. But at the same time, I knew that wouldn't happen, because I have a villainous quirk. Sometimes I wish I had been quirkless, so that I won't be experiencing this mess."

"Being quirkless won't be making the situation better." Izuku said to Shinsou with hatred, making Shinsou froze and confused.

"S-sorry, I didn't mean to scare you...... " Izuku shuddered, "I just......accidentally related it with my past. "

"Your past? What does it have to do with 'quirkless'? "

"For your reference, I was once......a quirkless that you hope to be." Izuku looked away, "But I was never, ever treated as human, therefore seeing you doubt yourself when you have the ability, it just pisses me off. "

Shinsou shook, the man in front of him, was once quirkless?

"He's speaking the truth." Shouto added, "We were abused by the society when we met each other, I was abused by my father while he was tortured by everyone except his mother, who's dead because of a hero. "

Shinsou was stunned, he thought that being quirkless can avoid the problems that he was then facing, but seems that that was not the case.

"Then how did you overcome it?"