9. keep on rolling

9. keep on rolling

Advice - Cadet x Deno"i ain't tryna be like you, why not bro? i've heard your closure tune, what you gotta take digs for? she broke my heart

"i ain't tryna be like you, why not bro? i've heard your closure tune, what you gotta take digs for? she broke my heart.."

***

Spencer sat near Sean, looking down at Finn and Quinn, "all right guys," Mr Schuester came through the choir room doors, "we're doing a new number for sectionals, i know that pop songs have sort of been our signature pieces, but i did a little research on past winners," Mr Schuester hands a piece of paper towards Sean and Spencer, "and it turns out that the judges like songs that are more accessible,"

Spencer furrowed his eyebrows, "stuff they know, uh, standards," Finn hands the piece towards Mercedes, "Broadway,"

"Defying Gravity?" Kurt looks up at Mr Schuester, "i have an ipod shuffle dedicated exclusively to selections from wicked," Kurt smiled, "this is amazing,"

"think you can handle it," Mr Schuester looked towards Rachel, "Rachel?" Kurt's smile faded, "it's my go-to shower song, it's also my ringtone,"

Mercedes looked at Mr Schuester, "why do we have to go all vanilla on this song?" Mr Schuester looked at Mercedes, "see, what we need is my chocolate thunder,"

the new directions smiled at Mercedes, "okay, we don't have time to rearrange a song for you, Mercedes," Mr Schuester put his hand to his hips, "Rachel is singing it,"

"don't worry, we'll find something for you," Spencer pats Mercedes's shoulder, "to dip in chocolate," the new directions half chuckled, "on to item two,"

Spencer furrowed his eyebrows, "the school won't pay for the special bus we need to take Artie and his wheelchair with us to sectionals," Spencer's smile faded, "w-w-what?"

Rachel looked at Mr Schuester, "that is completely unfair," Mr Schuester looked at Rachel, "so, we're going to have to raise money to pay for it ourselves,"

Spencer bit onto his lip, "see, when i was in glee club," he looked around the room, "and we needed new silk cummerbunds for regionals, we held a bake sale,"

the new directions scattered a laugh, "you're joking, right?" Spencer looked at his girlfriend, "i mean, bake sales are kind of bougie,"

Mr Schuester crossed his arms, "so, hip people stopped eating delicious sugary treats?" Brittany looked at Mr Schuester from beside Samaria and Brooke, "it's not that, it's most of us don't know how to bake,"

Brittany looked at Mr Schuester, "i find recipes confusing," Rachel looked away from Brittany, "my family is fully committed to takeout,"