10. perfect harmony

10. perfect harmony

That Girl - NLT "i never met a girl before, that came on in and shook up my life, someone who'd make me give up everything,"

That Girl - NLT
"i never met a girl before, that came on in and shook up my life, someone who'd make me give up everything,"

***

"ballad," Mr Schuester's back was facing them as he wrote onto the whiteboard in green pen, "from Middle English, balade,"

Mr Schuester came in front of the new directions, "who knows what this word means?" Brittany smiled from beside Spencer, "it's a male duck,"

Mr Schuester furrowed his eyebrows when Spencer pats Brittany's knee with a small smile on his face, "uh, Kurt?"

Kurt looked at them, "a ballad is a love song," Mr Schuester looked towards Kurt, "sometimes, but they don't always express love, ballads are stories set to music, which is what they're the perfect storm of self-expression,"

Spencer half smiled, "stories and music are the way we express feelings that we can't get out any other way," Mr Schuester smiled, "okay, now, sectionals are in a few weeks and there's a new role this year.."

Spencer furrowed his eyebrows, "we have to perform... a ballad," he points towards the whiteboard, "looks like my weekly letter to the Ohio show choir committee finally paid off!"

Rachel looked at Puck then towards Mr Schuester, "okay, so here's our assignment for the week: i'm going to pair you off, and i want you to pick a ballad to sing to your partner,"

Mr Schuester leans down to Artie's level, "look them right in the eye, find the emotion you want to express, and make them feel it,"

Finn smirks, "i pick Quinn," Spencer looked at his girlfriend, "i..i pick Santana," Santana squeezed her boyfriend's hand, "no, no, too easy,"

the Hudson brother's frowned, "your partner will be chosen by fate," he goes towards his office getting a black hat.

"ooh!"

Mr Schuester looked at them, "ooh, yeah, i put all of your names in this hat," he wiggled the hat around, "whoever you choose is your partner,"

Brittany looked at Spencer and Santana, "i bet you the duck's in the hat," Spencer playfully rolled his blue eyes at Brittany, "but Matt's our sick today, he had to go the hospital,"

Spencer nods his head, "cause they found a spider in his ear," Santana and Brooke cringed, "um.. i guess i'll just have to put my name in the hat for now,"