fourth january

It's January and Eloise's got herself a boyfriend.

            I've gone to have drinks at her place and she'd been pacing all evening long until she finally worked up the courage to admit it to me.

I don't know why she was stressing out about admitting it. It's a boyfriend, not a sexually transmitted disease. If she wants to get rid of him she just needs to break up, not get a shot of penicillin.

I listen to her telling me about how it all happened and she's adorable and she really seems like she loves that guy. I'm happy for her. I want my sister happy. I want what's best for her.

I'm also a tiny little bit jealous. I'm not about to have a boyfriend.

Sure, I've had enough hook ups to fill a couple of school buses. But I've barely had any boyfriends. I've had recurring stars in the TV show that is my life but very little series regulars. As a matter of fact, anyone I've ever dated as never lasted more than a couple of months.

I might be an expert in hook-ups, but I'm very clueless when it comes to long term relationships.

Unless I can count Holt as a long term relationship. I mean, a lot of marriages have as much sex as we have, which is none, and don't get along as well as we do, so hey, technically, we've probably got a better thing going on then them.

I'm closer to Holt than I've ever been to any of my actual boyfriends. 

The thing is, Holt isn't going to realize the error of his straight ways. He's never going to be my boyfriend. Sure, he's the one I love, but I'm never going to get him. It would be nice to actually have a boyfriend, someone that loves me and wants to do naughty things with me. I haven't even had sex with anyone in over a year. I can't even remember the last time I got some. I might as well be a virgin again. 

I want a boyfriend. I want to smile giddily the way my sister is.

I want someone to build a life with.

            And sadly, that's not Holt.