sixth december

It's December and Holt went out for a Christmas party with some of the people he's worked with.

He invited me, but I told him he should go and have a good time with his friends without me. We don't have to do everything together. I want him to have fun on his own.

I'm fast asleep when I'm woken up by the door of our room opening and I can hear Holt bumping into things and giggling.

He's drunk.

"Eliaaaaaaaaah," he whispers, but like loud whispering. "Are you uuuuuuup?"

"No," I mumble against my pillow, holding it tightly against my face. I'm smiling in it, because my boyfriend is adorable. But he'll be damned if he thinks I'm waking up.

And then the bed gives under Holt's weight and he lies down next to me. "Hey." I can hear the goofy grin in his voice. He nudges me. "Wake up."

"Nope."

"Come on."

He's gotten under the covers and he wraps his arms around me, holding me against him, his chest against my back. He smells good. He took a shower before coming into bed. He brushed his teeth too so his breath doesn't smell like stale beer. He's warm and the skin of his arms against mine is so soft. He's pressing himself against me and he's kissing the back of my neck and yeah, I'm not sleeping anymore.

"Did you have fun?" I ask.

He giggles again. "Yes."

I turn a little to look at him. "Well, I'm up now, so tell me all about it."

He runs his knuckles against my clavicle and he's just looking at his movement and not in my eyes. "They kept asking me when I was going to have a girlfriend and who I thought was hot, and I'd been drinking so I said the only person I wanted to make out with was you."

I sit up a little. "Wait, you did what?"

"I said I wanted to make out with you," he repeats.

"To people?"

"Yes."

I press a hand to his cheek. "Are you okay?"

"Not really," he shrugs a little, "Because I really want to make out with you."

I swallow loudly. "You can."

"I've been thinking about you naked a lot." Oh Jesus. "Like, a lot. I mean, I've seen you naked once, and I just think about it. All. The Time."

"I think about you naked all the time too," I admit. I never had the pleasure of actually seeing naked yet. It's kept me up at night quite a few times.

And just like that Holt kisses me. He gets on top of me and pins me down on the bed. He moves his hips against mine and his lips are frantic and his hand goes to pull down my jogging and boxer briefs.