eighth october

It's October and I'm trying to figure out a way to propose to Holt

The thing is, when you really love someone and when you're planning on never doing this again, you don't want to screw up your proposal. I've got one shot at this. I don't want to rush it or to do something disappointing. I'm already worrying about my documentary, I don't need to worry about my proposal too.

Anyway, I'm not in a hurry.

I've tried to ask around for ideas, but so far my family has been no help.

Dad is useless. He never got to propose nicely because Mom called him out on it, so I can't exactly do something like he did. And he had no idea what to do himself, so no help.

Mom only tells me what not to do. Like, nothing with food or drinks because it's easy to get it smudged or to accidently eat it or drink it. Nothing with a plane in the sky either, because often people aren't even able to read the proposal. Nothing with animals or children because that's a variable you don't want to add to the already shaky equation. She also thinks I shouldn't do anything in a big public place because Holt is a shy cutie-pie.

Eloise is usually a noisy vixen so I was sure she was going to come up with a cart of binders full of ideas. Nothing. Anytime I ask her for help she just tells me, figure it out on your own, you sleep with him, you should know. She sucks. I don't know if she's not being helpful because her baby daddy hasn't asked her to marry her yet, or just because she wants to mess with me.

So here I am, one month after I realized I wanted to ask Holt to marry me and I still have no clue what to do.

The real problem is that normally whenever I have to make a big decision in my life, I ask Holt for his opinion and his help. But this is the only occasion when I can't ask for his help.