seventh june

It's June and we're taking a break from filming walls and we've started to interview people now

While we were gone Keith has been busy finding people that are living in the middle of nowhere, or that haven't gone out of their houses in years. Some are a little bit more complicated to manage to reach than others, but I like a challenge.

I don't just want to talk about physical walls, I want to talk about the emotional ones too. I don't want to sound delusional and say we don't need to protect ourselves, because we do, but I don't want to ignore the fact that cutting yourself off from everyone also leads to a dangerous path. So what's the balance?

Keith has started to go through all the footage Holt has filmed. I still have no idea what this documentary will look like. I'm not sure what we're trying to say with it yet. It was my idea, so I know that Keith is letting me figure this one out for myself.

This project feels more like mine than any of the others did. And it feels more important because I'm doing it with Holt. I have to admit I was a little worried in the beginning. You can love someone with all your heart and still be really bad at working together, but like everything else we do, there's a harmony when we work together. Holt usually knows what I want him to do before I even have to tell him, and any initiative he takes are always spot on.

I'm not in a hurry to get this documentary out. We don't have a specific release date yet. We're not in a rush and nothing is pressing, so I want to do it right. There's a great power to words and the way you decide to tell a story I don't want to mess it up just to make a flashy documentary. I want it to mean something.

I want to be proud of it.