seventh february

It's February and we're working on the logistic for our future documentary

It's February and we're working on the logistic for our future documentary. Holt and I will be travelling and Holt will be filming it. When I told Keith, he was fully on board. Since our first documentary, Keith and I were the ones producing it, so we have a producing house, I mean, it's just me and Keith in his basement, but now that we've gotten more popular, we have a bit more of funding, so it'll make things easier since there's going to be a lot of travelling involved this time.

One evening, when I come back home from the grocery store, Holt yells, "Hey Boo! I think I found good deals for airplane tickets."

I drop the grocery bags in the kitchen and I walk into Holt's old room-turned office. He's sitting crossed-legged on his swivelling chair in front of his desk, barefoot wearing sweatpants and his glasses.

A few months ago I noticed Holt always squinting his eyes while editing his pictures so I made him take an eye test. He got glasses for reading and working on his computer now.

In my top ten of Holt's sexiest outfits there's him in sweatpants, shirtless wearing his glasses.

I seriously wonder if there is ever going to be a time when Holt won't be taking my breath away every time I look at him. Seriously, it should be illegal to be this perfect combination of sexy and adorable.

I go to stand behind him to look at the computer and put my hands on his shoulder, rubbing them a bit, my cheek against his ear. I can feel his smile against my skin. "I also found this professor who teaches in Montreal that's been misquoted by Trump."

I snort. "Even Trump misquotes Trump."

Holt turns around in his chair, facing me. "Yeah, but she's done a lot of research on border walls. I think we should try to set up a meeting with her."

I smile at him. "Look at you being more than just eye candy."

He rolls his eyes. "Oh, was I supposed to just be eye candy?"

I'm chuckling. "Totally, I don't actually want you behind the camera, I want you in front of the camera. Whatever we say after that, people won't care, they'll be mesmerized by your beauty."

Holt rolls his eyes again. "Ha, ha."

"I hope you know it's really unfair for us mere mortals that you're this brilliant and this kind and amazing and beautiful and adorable. We all pale in comparison."

"Shut up," he says, but his cheeks are turning red a bit. He still has a hard time with compliments. I think he doesn't always believe me. That's okay. I'm ready to spend a lifetime convincing him of how amazing he is.

He knows he's good looking, but that's all he thinks he is, that's all he ever thought he could offer. I know he's starting to realize that's not true.

"I'm sorry I didn't ask you to help with our documentaries sooner. You've always been so much more than eye candy. I hope you know that." Yep, red cheeks again. How adorable. I nudge his knee with mine, "Now come on, I'm making dinner, and we can pitch ideas and figure out our best itinerary."

"Shouldn't you be doing that with Keith?"

"Naw, Keith will pitch in once we'll start editing. For now, it's all us." His eyes light up a bit at that comment. "Come on," I stretch my hand towards him. He smiles at me and takes it.