eighth june

It's June and Holt and I sign the last papers for the house, making us officially the house's owners

There was another couple that had been bidding on it and there was a point when I actually thought we weren't going to get it, but in the end our real estate agent worked her butt off and got us our dream house.

She seriously deserved a medal after the crazy midnight calls I made to her. Honestly Diane, if you don't get us this house you'll be the reason why we won't have a wedding in September.

We've paid for a moving company for the big day which will be at the end of the month because we're not cruel friends that will ask to have a refrigerator dragged down in a tiny apartment staircase in exchange for a cheap slice of pizza.

Right after we sign the papers and get our keys, Holt and I drive up to the house, just the two of us. We bring an air mattress and everything to go sleep there. We know we could just go stay at my parents' place, but we're just too excited and happy and there's no way we'll be able to leave once we get there.

As I park in front of the house, I get out of the car and stand there, just kind of basking in the moment. And then suddenly, Holt comes up to me and I think he's going to hug me but instead he bends down a little, grabs me by the waist and throws me over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes.

"Oh my god Holt, what are you doing?" I automatically say.

"What does it look like I'm doing? I'm carrying my future bride as we cross over our new threshold," he answers teasingly, a laugh in his voice.

I'm laughing too, a little bit turned on, but mostly laughing. "You silly boy, we're not married yet. Do it after the wedding."

"No, I think I'll do it now. I think I'll do it every time we walk into our house actually." Our house. There's something absolutely magically about these two words together. I'm glad Holt convinced me to get a house and not a condo. I can already feel how happy we will be here.

Chuckling, I slap his butt and say, "Smooches, put me down."

He slaps mine back. "Sorry Boo, I have rules, and one of them is that I don't intent on ever letting you go."

I can't deny that I quite like the sound of that.