sixth october

It's October and we have a game night at our apartment.

            Apart from Eloise and her boyfriend, our other friends don't know about me and Holt dating. I'm never going to put any kind of pressure on Holt as to when and how I want us to tell people we're dating.

The thing is, not being able to kiss or touch Holt all night is absolute torture. We still aren't anywhere close to having sex, so being also deprived of my daily kisses is kind of unbearable.

To top it all off in the last few months Holt has been taking a lot of pictures outside, under the sun. He's got freckles everywhere. I keep thinking that I've reached the peek of my attraction when it comes to Holt, I think, yeah, I can't possibly be more obsessed with him.

I keep being wrong.

And today he's wearing his slightly tight black sport pants and he's got one of his shirts-turned tank top that are all open on the side and I can see all of his muscles and he knows how much I think he's irresistible when he wears that.

I'm pretty sure soon I'm going to have to gently, but firmly kick everyone out.

Holt and I are sitting on opposite side of the table. We're playing Monopoly and everyone is drinking beer and joking and having fun because we're still at the beginning of the game and no one's bankrupt anyone yet.

Holt keeps resting his foot on top of mine under the table. He doesn't even look at me when he does it, the little bastard. He's gotten sneaky in the last few months.

"You know Eliah, you're in a really good mood lately. I don't think I remember you being this happy before," Aria suddenly tells me.

I don't know what she's talking about. I'm not happy right now, I'm a panting virgin being denied. I'm about to throw everything off the table and jump on Holt.

Alright, yeah, okay, I'm kinda happy too...

"Are you dating? You're dating aren't you?" Raven jumps to the conclusion.

I give the quickest of glance in Holt's direction and he's got a little smirk.

My sister and her boyfriend are trying to contain their laughter.

"Did you get yourself a boyfriend?" Jason asks.

I think about how to answer. Holt's never said he didn't want me to tell people, but I don't want to pressure him either. But I'm not going to lie to my friends. "As a matter of fact, I do have a boyfriend," I only say.

"Really?" Aria says all happily, but then narrows her eyes a bit. "Not that Ben right?"

I snort. "No, not Ben."

"Good, I don't like him, he skipped too many game nights," she adds.

Everyone laughs around the table. The game has come to a standstill.

"How fabulous, Eliah's got a boyfriend. Now, you need to bring him to game night next time," Raven says.

"Huh, guys..." Holt suddenly says.

"What?"

"I'm kinda..." he scratches the back of his head, "already here."

And now everyone is freaking out.

"Wait... WAIT?"

"REALLY?"

"Oh my god! Seriously?"

Holt and I just look at each other. I want to make sure he's okay. That he really wanted this.
So far his coming out has only been met with positive reactions. But I know it's not always going to be like that. Holt knows it too. 

As always our friends don't disappoint. They're just overly excited and saying that totally knew we had a thing. They're squealing and being supportive and happy and I want to cry because I,m so glad things are going well.

 In my wildest dreams I never thought my life would turn out this good.

There's just one thing I need right now. 

"Now that the secret is out of the closet, can I please change seats? Please? Just look at him guys! He's got freckles everywhere. I can't just sit there without kissing him!" I whine.

Everyone laughs.

"What makes you think you can kiss me now, Boo?" Holt asks, with a little grin.

"Huh?"

"You bought a yellow property. You know I always buy those. The game is oooooon bitch."

I gap. "Seriously?"

"Oh yeah. Prepared to be crushed. No kissing until I've got all your money," Holt answers and he gives me one of those smiles. It's a sexy and smug and a little wicked kind of smiles. The kind of smiles that if someone gives you from accross a room, you know you're done for. The kind of smiles I never even thought Holt could make, even less to me. 

He's slowly killing me, my boyfriend. And I love it.