sixth june

It's June and Eloise gives birth to her son

            They names him Dean after Dean Winchester. It's kinda epic, and also maybe a little worrisome since that character doesn't exactly have the best tract record to not start the apocalypse. 

Eloise hoards that baby like no one else. She doesn't let anyone hold him aside from his dad, and we're all waiting in line like idiots trying to get the baby while she just hisses at us. 

We have to wait until she falls asleep to hold him. He's cute. His head was a little fucked up at the beginning because she was able to deliver him naturally, but he's still cute. He already has little brown hairs. He's so tiny. 

Holt is sweating buckets when it gets to be his turn to hold him. "I'm really not sure I should be holding him,  I don't know anything about babies and they're so fragile and don't they have like a death spot on their heads? What if I accidently touch the death spot?" he asks a little frantically.

Mom just smiles at him, and puts the baby in his arms, putting his arms in the right position. "You'll have to hold him eventually. Might as well get used to it now," she tells him.

Holt looks like he's not breathing and he's just staring at Dean wide eyed. "Guys, guys, he's looking at me, he's looking at me," he says still not moving, just kind of like panicking.

We're all laughing hysterically.

When Holt and I are finally driving home after leaving the little family together, I ask, "So real talk, would you ever like to have children?"

Having children is an endavour a little bit more complicated for gay couples than it is for heterosexual ones, but there are still options. And seeing Holt with a baby in his arms has kind of made me think about our future.

"I don't know, I don't like the idea of having to share you with anyone," Holt admits a little shyly.

I'm grinning like a lunatic. "Gosh Smooches, you're just too adorable."

"It doesn't mean I don't ever want to have kids. It's just means that..."

"For now, that's not something you need?" I finish for him.

"Yeah, it's not something I need,"he admits, "What about you Boo? Do you want kids?"

I frown a little, thinking about it. I might be too much of a queen to be able to clean spit up and change diapers. "Honestly? I actually don't know. I never really had white picket fence a househusband and three kids plans in my head. Being a journalist was all I ever wanted. And kids might not work so well in those plans."

Holt is nodding, and there's a little smile at the corner of his lips. "We could still have children, little cosmopolitan children travelling all around the world with us as you write your articles and make your documentaries and I take my pictures."

I smile at the thought. "If we had children, I don't think the world would be ready for their sheer awesomeness."

Holt chuckles. "Probably not." he says and then adds more seriously, "but one thing is sure, if we did have kids, you would be an amazing father. I wouldn't see myself being able to have children with anyone but you."

I'm blinking rapidly to stop from crying. God, Holt has really turned me into my father.