Chapter 7

Desire

I just stood there staring at the door. I was confused until I turned around and saw August on the steps.

That's why he started talking about somebody playing daddy to his kids.

I would never allow my children to call another man daddy. Just because Aubrey and I aren't working out doesn't mean he isn't a good father because he is.

He is a great father. He is just a terrible husband.

"I guess that little comment was meant for me." August said.

I heard the door again and it was Aubrey. He came back.

"You breaking my heart Desire. You know you are and you don't even care." He said.

This was not a conversation I wanted to have in front of August.

"My heart belongs to you Des. No matter how many bitches I fucked my heart and my soul has always belonged to you. No bitch on this planet will ever own my heart cause you do and my daughter's." He said.

"Aubrey please don't do this right now ok." I said trying to control my tears.

I still loved this man with my whole heart, but I loved myself more. I love me enough to not let him keep hurting me. I love me enough to not keep allowing him to cheat on me.

"You can't talk to me cause this nigga here! Is that it!?" He asked getting loud.

" Look baby talk to your baby daddy I will be upstairs." August said.

"Yeah nigga let me talk to my WIFE!" Aubrey yelled.

August started to say something to him but he just went upstairs.

"Aubrey why do we have to keep going through this. Just sign the divorce papers." I said to him.

"If you really love someone you won't just let them go with out a fight." He said.

He wasn't just going to set me free.