Chapter 30

Aubrey

Everyone had left because it was late as fuck except for Sasha. Desire had told her she could stay here since she really didn't want to be bother with her parents.

I told Oliver to see if we can find a spot to hire her at Ovoo Sound. I knew she was looking for work and I knew she was going to have a hard time because she was a felon.

It's sad how they say minorities don't want to work when reality is most of them have felonies on their records and society won't give them a second chance.

I was down in the studio smoking a blunt and listening to Jhene's new joint Wasted Love.

Jhene was a dope ass artist and I really needed to jump back in the studio with her. I had just sent over my verse for Summer Walker's joint Girls Need Love. I really was feeling the song. It also helped that I knew the record well because Desire played it so much.

I sat back and just let the words sink in. I was really in a zone. The song reminded me of Desire and myself so much. It's like Jhene had taking every conversation that she had with me and Des an just put in a song.

I wonder if Desire felt like I was her wasted love? Just a question that was running through my mind.

I was so in the zone that I didn't hear Sasha come down the stairs.

"So you bout to add a verse to this or nah?" She asked making me open my eyes taking me out of my thoughts.

"Nah no verse from me. I just really feel this joint. Jhene is like a sister to me so I always support her music. What bought you down here?" I asked her turning the music down.

"Look I'm not tryna be in your business but I did see a lot of articles about you cheating on Desire. She is a real ride or die chick and when she loves you she loves hard. You should never treat your queen like a pawn." She said.

That really made so much sense to me in that moment. No matter what I have done Desire has always had my back and been down for me.

"Why were you locked down?" I asked her since she was dipping in my koolaid.

"Because I was in love with a man that played the streets tough. I was his Bonnie and whatever he needed or wanted me to do I did it. Including taking his charge for him and serving fourteen years. See when we as women are down for you we are down til the end." She said staring off into to space.

"Damn. What happened with your dude?" I asked just curious not really needing an answer.

"He wrote me after I was down for two years and told me he couldn't wait. He had a new chick with a baby on the way. He started this online business and made millions. I did find out that his new girl was a ex stripper that had a twin sister. Anyway if you really want to be with your wife treat her right or let her find a king that will love her unconditionally. I wasted my life and my love on a man that couldn't ride for me the way I was riding for him." She said standing to leave.

"And by the way don't tell Desire I lowkey have her back cause that will go to her head." She said walking out.

Damn that was deep. She gave up a large part of her life for a man she loved, only for him to up and dip for the next bitch.

Did Des see me as a waste of time? I put my blunt out turned out the music and went up to bed.

When I laid down that's when it hit me. I was sleeping alone while my wife was in another room. I couldn't continue to let our relationship go on this way.