Chapter 38

Aubrey

I was worried about Shakeya. I had never seen her break down the way that she did. She was hurting from a place that I knew oh so well. It was the same kind of hurt I saw Desire go through. I felt part to blame for this whole situation.

Des was just sitting there not really saying much.

"What's on your mind? You been quiet since we left the hospital." I said to her.

She looked at me like she was seeing me for the first time. It was the look she had the very first day I laid eyes on her.

"I was thinking about us an all the things we have been through. Aubrey I have made my decision. I want us to try an really work on our marriage. I have never loved anyone besides Matthew the way I love you. I can honestly say I love you more than I loved him. I couldn't imagine myself with anyone else." She said.

Those were the words I had been waiting to hear. I heard the door open an close. In walked Shakeya looking defeated. This was a look that I had never saw on her face.

"Are you okay?" I asked her. I already knew the answer to that question. She was heartbroken.

Shakeya

I sat down next to Des an laid my head on her shoulder. She put her arms around me an I cried. She just rocked me comforting me.

"I know that your hurting right now, but it gets better. You have to be strong for your babies." Des said.

I sat up an looked at her an Aubrey. I use to think that Des was so dum for taking him back time after time, but you could see she loved him pass all of his flaws. She loved him unconditionally and that is something that is hard to find.

"The crazy part was he wasn't even fucking the bitch. He was fingering her on our couch in our home. I wonder if this was his payback for me sleeping with OB." I said.

"I don't think so. I think that he just got caught up in old feelings an it caused him to make the wrong choice. It doesn't mean that he loves you any less." Aubrey said.

I looked at him an you could tell he was speaking from experience. An awkward silence fell upon us. We were all lost in our thoughts when the doorbell rang.

"Who could it be this time of night?" Sasha asked coming down the stairs.

She went to the door with all of us in tow. When she opened the door there stood a person I hadn't seen in so long.

"Raven." Desire said.

She looked so much like her old self. She dyed her hair back black. She looked good and she reminded me so much of Dawn.

"Hey guys. Look I really need to talk to you guys. I wouldn't have come if it wasn't important." She said.

We all stepped to the side to let her in. If Raven was here I know that this situation was only going to get worst before it got any better.