Chapter 14

Aubrey

It felt good to finally talk to Desire without it being an argument. My lawyer got the separation papers done and we signed them.

I was in the gym working out. I could hear my girls running and screaming because they woke up to their mother.

My kids were my life. Even tho I fucked up messing with Sophie my son Adonis was my everything jus like Dasani, Imani, and Aubrey Jr.

It felt good to have the laughter again. I pray that my wife chooses to work things out.

I wrapped up my workout and went upstairs.

Desire was in the kitchen making lunch.

She has been here all day. She has even been working from here.

"You hungry?" She asked.

She had made her famous cheese steak's and waffle fries.

"Come on Des. I been working out to stay fit and you trying to fatten me up." I said laughing.

"Boy one cheese steak will not kill you." She said laughing too.

This was what I missed the most.

"Getting along feels good." I said.

She smiled at me and said "It sure does."

Da'sani ran pass and hit me on the leg.

"Tag your it daddy." She said running away laughing.

I started chasing after them. They were screaming and laughing. AD was running and falling but he was laughing.

I loved it. Desire was yelling be careful as usual. It felt like old times.

"Ok guys come eat!" Desire called out.

"Ok girl's let daddy clean up so we can eat. After we eat daddy will take y'all out to the park." I told them getting up off the floor.

Desire had all the plates fixed and the kids settled at the table.

We said grace and started eating.

We were doing our family thing, when the doorbell rang.

Who the hell could that be?

I got up and went to the door. It was the last person on Earth I needed to see right now.

"Is Desire here?" He asked.

I felt my angry rising, but if I wanted to when Desire back I was gonna have to keep it cool.

"Yeah man. Come in." I said trying not to give off any attitude.

He followed me into the kitchen.

"Hey August!" My daughter's yelled in unison.

That got under my skin. Just the fact that my kids were comfortable around him made me pissed off.

I had to keep my cool. When I looked at Desire she didn't look so happy to see him and that made me smile.