Chapter 22

Unknown Woman

Desire is the reason that my husband isn't here. I knew all about his plan to get back at her and Shakeya.

It's funny how once he came here all of a sudden he is missing and hasn't been heard from.

I know about every last one of them and if she doesn't tell me what happened to my husband I am ready to go to the police about everything I know and have evidence of.

"Hello." I answered my phone to a number I didn't know.

"Meet me at the little Cuban restaurant in Harlem." The woman said.

"Fine. I will see you there in an hour." I said.

I hope she knew I wasn't here to play games.

Desire

Aubrey and I have been doing so well lately. I have to admit that being at the house so much with him and the kids has made me miss being in my marriage, but I couldn't deny the feelings that I had for August.

I was on my way to meet up with him right now actually.

I really miss August. He has been distant and disconnected from me lately.

I pulled up to his club and all of a sudden I felt nervous. My palms felt sweaty and I had no clue why I felt scared.

I went inside and straight to his office to find him sitting there on the phone.

He must have been talking to a female because when he looked up and saw me he instantly hung up.

"I will call you back. My appointment just came in." He said disconnecting his call.

"Damn! I'm an appointment to you now?" I asked a little annoyed by the comment.

"Nah Des. It's not even like that. How you been?" He asked me giving me a hug.

"I'm fine Aug. I just wanted to see you since I haven't heard from you in awhile. Let me know what's really good." I said.

He just looked at me an licked his lips.

"Des I don't think your really ready to have this conversation." He said.

"I wouldn't be here if I wasn't." I said matching his attitude.

It was no time like the present. I wanted to know if him and I had a chance.