Chapter 11

Desire

Shakeya and I both had fell asleep on her couch. I woke up and Shakeya was gone.

I got up and went in the kitchen to find her and Carlos in there laughing.

"Hey sleepyhead. Long time no see." Carlos said giving me a hug.

"I know I won't be doing that anymore. Smells good in here." I said.

"Well we are just cooking dinner. Kelly and Shad are coming. Lexi and Chase. We do it at least once a week." Shakeya said.

I felt a type of way cause how come I never get invited.

"How come I didn't know about this?" I asked.

"Well if you answered your phone instead of sending people to voicemail you would know." Shakeya said.

"Sis you are welcome to stay and you can even invite August." Carlos said.

"No I think I should do this dinner alone. I just want to catch up with my family."

I started helping them cook as my other siblings arrived.

Shakeya

It was just like old times. We were laughing and eating just enjoying each other's company.

I looked at Shad and he cleared his throat.

"Des can we go talk for a minute?" Shad asked her.

She agreed. They got up and went out back. This was a conversation that they needed to have.

Shad

Desire had been M.I.A. so much lately that she didn't know that Kelly and I had got married.

We didn't do anything big. We just went to the court house.

"So sis talk to me wus up wit you?"

She looked at me like I was crazy.

"Cut the shit Shad. Your my brother so I know when you are beating around the bush." She said.

"Well Kelly and I got married. Dad and Jewel had a little girl, so you have a baby sister. Your not the baby anymore." I said.

She look like she was trying to catch her breathe.

"Des are you ok?" I asked her.

"Congrats but why wasn't I at the wedding and dad didn't tell me Jewel had a baby. Who was at the wedding?" She asked.

"We just went to the courthouse. Shakeya was there Carlos, Lexi, Chase, and Aubrey." I said.

I knew she was about to be pissed off about the Aubrey part.

"Aubrey! Aubrey! He was at my brother's wedding and I wasn't. Seriously Shad!?" She said pissed off.

"Look Kelly invited him and I called you for weeks only for you to blow me off. Aubrey brings my niece's and nephew to see me cause clearly my sister is to busy to do that." I said equally mad.

I saw the hurt and the anger in her face.

"Ok." She said and went back inside.

"Well family thank you for dinner but I am out. Clearly you guys are one big happy family without me being included so bye." She said grabbing her shit and leaving.

I was gonna go after her but I will give her some space to deal with it all.