Chapter 39

Raven

I wasn't sure about coming here at first, but we are family. I married Biz who is Shakeya's cousin an he told me to come here an inform them of what was coming. It's a conflict of interest on my part, but I have to let them know.

I came in an sat down. It felt crazy to be here again after so long.

"Look I'm gonna just get right to the reason that I am here. California is sending Matthew's missing person's case here. They are going to start investigating all of. Keily isn't the only person that you guys have to worry about now." I said.

"What!? How the hell do you know this Raven?" Desire asked me.

"I went back to school to finish my degree. I got a job in the district attorney's office. I heard them talking about the case. This puts all of us in the line of fire. We need to all get on the same page an fast." I said.

Everyone just started looking around at each other lost for words. My life was finally in a good place so I don't need this problem that is coming our way.

"I already spoke to the detective about Matthew. There is nothing else to really say." Desire said.

"It's not that simple Des. Apparently Keily has some files with dirt on all of us that she is going to share with the police. Not to mention her millionaire cousin Danny that donates a lot of money to the police force." I said.

Shakeya looked at the girl that answered the door when I came here earlier. It was something they weren't telling.

"Danny! Where is he?" The girl asked.

I don't know what it is but something is off here.

"He is in Staten Island with his ex stripper fiancee who is pregnant." I told her.

I saw the tension in her face and the way her jawline kept flexing I could tell there was history between the two of them.

"What are we going to do?" Shakeya asked. She didn't seem like herself. She seemed off and distant.

"I will talk to Kelly and Shad. Once Carlos is stable I will let him know. Bae get the legal time ready just in case." Desire said.

Something was very off here in everyone's attitude and the way they were interacting was weird.

If they continued to act this way they would never make it. Newman was a very good detective. He was a shoe in for the FBI.

There was another knock at the door. Everyone just looked around at each other.

Aubrey went an looked at the security cameras. "It's that detective." He said.

It was starting. We are all about to be under surveillance.