Chapter 12

Desire

Had I really isolated my family from my life that much?

My brother got married? My father and his girlfriend had a baby?

Nobody told me or included me in anything.

These were the thoughts running through my mind as I drove home.

I got home to find August sitting there. I didn't want to do this with him right now, but he had that look on his face.

"Is everything ok ma?" He asked me.

I just sat down and stared off into space.

"Des what are we doing? What is our common goal?" He asked.

"I don't know August! I am not even divorced yet! My family is doing things without me! I don't know what we are or where this is going!" I yelled.

I wasn't mad at him. I was just hurt and I was taking it out on him.

"My brother got married and I wasn't there, but Aubrey was. Key I having a rough pregnancy and I haven't been there. My father and Jewel had a baby and I didn't even know." I said to him with the tears falling.

"Des I'm sorry about your family shit but I don't apologize for wanting to know what the fuck I am doing here. I am gonna give you your space." He said and walked out.

"August!" I called out as the door slammed.

This was just to much. I had to deal with all these emotions alone.

If August wanted to go than fine. I wasn't gonna beg him. Hell I did enough of that shit with Aubrey.

I just needed to do me. I just needed to enjoy life and be single.

I was just gonna work and take care of my children.

Speaking of my children I missed them. I was going to go to the house to see my babies.