Chapter 13

Desire

I felt nervous when I pulled up to the house that Aubrey and I once shared.

He could have a woman there. He could tell me to leave.

I realized I still had a key, so I just opened the door and went inside.

Aubrey was laying on the couch with AD sleeping on his chest.

I went upstairs to find the girls sleeping. I kissed both of them and pulled the covers up higher on them.

I went back downstairs and I just watched AD curled up sleep on his daddy. I kissed him and put a blanket over them.

I was heading to the door when I heard my name.

"Des." He whispered.

I turned around to see Aubrey waving me back over.

"I didn't mean to wake you. I just wanted see my babies I had a rough day." I whispered as I walked towards him.

He slid AD off of him and laid him on the couch. He covered him back up. He took my hand and led me to the back yard.

"Des what happened?" He asked.

I just looked at him. He knows me and he knows how I am when it comes to my brother Shad.

"So you witnessed my brother getting married?" I asked him.

He rubbed his hands down his face.

"He finally told you. Des we all tired to call you but kept getting your voicemail. I was even there when Jewel had the baby." He said.

I get it my family still includes him because we are still married.

"Aubrey you were there and I wasn't. I am missing family dinners, my baby sister being born, my brother's wedding. When did I become so isolated from my family?" I asked him.

He hugged me. I let myself relax in his arms and I exhaled.

"Des with everything happening between us you have blocked everyone out. Don't punish your family because of me." He said.

Aubrey Drake Graham was taking responsibility for his faults.

"Look Des I have had a lot of time to sit here and really think. I never want a man to put my kids through the things I inflicted on you. I never want my son's to grow up hurting women. I was wrong for hiding my son from you. I was wrong for even putting myself in the position to make a baby with another woman. Since you have been gone I have realized no woman will ever put up with the shit that you did. I love you and I will never stop loving you. I can only pray that you forgive me one day. If this divorce is what you really want I will sign the papers." He said.

I was blown away. Just when I thought we were gonna end up in a huge argument, he apologized.

"Honestly Aubrey I don't know what I want. This divorce thing was to scare you into acting right. I just wanted you to fight for me. Than being without I felt like I really wanted to be free. Now I don't know. You have hurt me so much and I treat August bad because of the things you have done to me. I have always wanted my kids to have both of us." I said tears falling.

"How about we just do a legal separation. Take the time to work on ourselves and become friends again. If we are meant to be we will be. If in a year we decide we want to move on we can get divorced." He said.

I loved that idea and I agreed to it.

"Des I have been waiting this long what is another year." He said.

Let's see what will happen next.

I was tired so I stayed at the house.

No I didn't sleep with Aubrey I slept in the guest room.

I wanted to see my babies when they woke up.