Chapter 17

Desire

I had been staying at the house with Aubrey and the kids for the last week. I must admit it felt good to be home. I also finally met Adonis. He looks more like Sophie but you could tell that he was Aubrey's son.

I was at the office in a meeting. We were about to launch the new line in two weeks and I wanted everything to be perfect.

I was wrapping up the meeting when I had gotten a call from Shakeya.

"Hello."

"Bitch why didn't you tell Me? Your ass been on the radio all day." She said overly excited.

I didn't have a clue about what the hell she was talking about.

"Key I really don't know what you are talking about." I said.

"Bitch go turn on the radio right now. It's playing again." She said.

I went and turned on the radio. There it was as plan as day. I had gotten in the studio one night with London On The Track just to vent. He actually put the song out.

"Oh my God! That is me!" I said excited.

That was my voice blaring threw those speakers.

"So when were you gonna tell us? Bitch that shit is fire. Are you dropping a whole album?" Shakeya asked me question after question.

"Honestly I was just bullshiting in the studio. I didn't know he would release it." I said sitting down listening to my song being played again by Funk Flex.

I was getting a million text messages. Everyone saying that they loved the song. Even Aubrey texted me that he liked it.

"Key I'm going to call you back." I said to her hanging up.

I really didn't know how to feel at this moment. What could this mean for Me? Could me be another career venture?

The song was about August. I had wrote it when I first started dealing with him. I didn't belong to him. I was Mrs. Graham and I belonged to Aubrey.

The Other side of Town...

August

I was sitting there listening to Desire on the radio. I knew she had talent so I wasn't shocked about that. I was paying more attention to the words.

Once I really listened to it for the tenth time it hit me that this song was about me and her.

I guess she decided that she wanted to be with Aubrey.

I ain't that type of nigga to have a relationship on the low. She could stay with that nigga for all I cared.

I really didn't know how to feel right now.

When I went outside it was all types of reporters out there. A few of them were from TMZ.

"August is Desire Graham's song about you?" One of the reporter's asked.

I just hopped in my car and sped off. I turned the radio on only to hear Desire's voice come through my speaker's. I turned it off.

My phone rang. It was Desire. I just sent her straight to voicemail. I really had nothing to say to her right now.

I needed to deal with my emotions before I talked to her.