54. Zustin- Lovebirds.

54. Zustin - Lovebirds. 

Zayn opens the door with shivering hands. He is soaked head to toe, the icy cold has gotten under his skin and now he can feel every fiber in his body trying to fight against the fever that is bound to come. He picks up the cardboard box he had gingerly placed on the floor to take out his house key deep buried in his back[ack, it had taken him a full minute to get the key into keyhole because whenever he tried a howling wind would pass and he would lose focus missing the mission entirely. He wouldn't have gotten wet at all if there was not a giant cardboard box with five lives literally in his hands. He had to walk as slowly as possible, avoiding heavy rainfall and taking refuge under trees near the park when it got too much to walk with the cold wind hitting him on the face.

Zayn closed the door with his feet than proceeded to take off his shoes with the toes of each foot, it was difficult but he succeeded nonetheless. He padded inside with wet socks making splashing noises on the floor and trail of water behind him.

"Hey look Zayn's here," Louis said loudly from his place on the bean bag in the middle of the living room, with a laptop on the other bean bag. Zayn had told them to take those back to their own rooms but they had convinced him to let them have it till today since they will be going to their own homes for the holidays on Christmas Eve tomorrow.

"Zayn it's Justin. Come..." Harry trailed off when he saw what state Zayn was in. "Oh my god are you all right?" He instantly stood up not even going around his friends instead he jumped the laptop, reaching to Zayn in two long strides.

"I... goi...ng downstairs." Zayn stuttered feeling his whole body vibrating with the amount of energy it took him to speak. His throat was getting dry, eyes feeling heavy, and he couldn't handle the cold anymore. 

"Can I help? Here I will carry it for you." Harry extended his hands to take the box from Zayn but Zayn moved away.

"I will manage it." With that, he walked away, down to his room.

"What happened?" It was Justin's troubled voice from the laptop that brought Zayn to a halt from stepping on the downstair steps.

"Justin?" Zayn asked turning his head towards the trio, he had heard his name when he came inside but he thought he must have misheard.

"Yup..." Niall nodded and motioned for him to come to look himself. "He is been waiting for you since hours."

"Can you... have him online for fifteen..." Zayn shivered not able to speak more.

"Cool no problem," Harry said waving him to go on already and change into something warmer. He worried if Zayn stood for another minute he might just collapse or worse turn into ice.

Zayn dashed down immediately with a new found energy. His phone was already dead, or off so even if he tried he wouldn't be able to talk with Justin for an hour until his phone got charged. Justin had told him he would be going to Canada for the Christmas where his whole family celebrated together, from his father's side of course. He never said anything about his mother's side family, Zayn never asked either. They have already established that they will make there own memory and to involve the past was not an obligation they needed to follow.