Thirty-Eight

"You're.. the father," Nicki told Meek, staring down at the paternity papers.

A tear dropped down onto the paper and Meek sighed, walking over to Nicki. He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her forehead.

"Don't cry, baby."

She sniffled and wiped her eyes.

"It's just.. it's going to be hard for me to adjust to this change. I don't want to be selfish, but I just want you to myself," she told him.

"You can still have me to yourself, baby girl. I'm not going nowhere. Remember, can't nothing come between us," he told her.

She nodded and looked up. Meek wiped her eyes and kissed her lips.

"Well.. I guess my Tooda has a big brother now," Nicki sighed, looking down at the paper.

"I won't neglect Rihmeek."

Nicki nodded. "I know you won't. I guess I'm a stepmom now, so I have to start acting like one."

"Raven want me to meet him today. I want you and Rihmeek to come," he told her.

"To her house? I don't want to meet her, Meek."

Meek sighed. "I know, baby, but she not like Tianna. She actually nice and I think y'all could get along. Please? Do it for me."

"Sure," Nicki huffed. "But if she says anything out of line to me or you, it's wraps for her."

"Ard, thank you. She wanna meet at 3."

Nicki nodded and got up, going into the bathroom. She took a shower and then got out and did her skincare routine. Going into the closet, she put on her clothes and then went back into the bathroom, taking off her bonnet. She combed her hair down and put on her jewelry.

"You look good," Meek told her.

"Thanks."

She walked out and went to Rihmeek's nursery. She picked out his outfit and laid it on his table. Once she fed his diaper, burped, and changed him, she put his clothes on and brushed his curly hair up into a bun. She then put a bib around his neck and kissed his cheek.

"You look so handsome in your little outfit," she smiled.

"Ba ba ba ba ba ba," Rihmeek repeated, putting his fingers in his mouth.

Nicki smiled and carried him into the bedroom. She put him on the bed and climbed up, sitting crisscrossed in front of him. He crawled towards her before collapsing on his face. Nicki laughed.

"Keep trying, baby boy."

He looked up, smiling as he slobbered and continued crawling before collapsing again. Nicki picked him up and kissed his wet lips. She put him back down and smiled down at him. He cooed, turning over on his stomach.

"Ba ba ba ba ba ba.."

Nicki tuned him out and got up, going over to the dresser, getting her phone. She looked back at Rihmeek to make sure he wasn't near the edge of the bed. Meek came out of the bathroom with his towel wrapped around his waist. Nicki got back on the bed and grabbed Rihmeek who started messing with her necklace. Nicki looked over at Rihmeek, seeing him look through his drawers.

She stared at him, watching his muscular arms move. He grabbed the lotion and stood up straight, looking at Nicki. Her eyes traveled his six pack, down to his V-line, then back up to his face. He held a smirk on his face as he applied lotion to his arms.

"You must like what you see, Nic."

"I do," she agreed. "You're buff."

Meek chuckled. "I'm not buff, baby. I stay in the gym, though. You know that."