Ninety-Four

| The Next Day |

Nicki rolled over, feeling a pair of arms wrapped around her. She briefly remembered where she was and smiled. The large flatscreen television was playing softly in the background.

"Meek?" She asked before yawning.

"Hm? Good morning, baby."

He looked down at her and leaned in, kissing her lips. She scrunched her face up, pushing him back. He chuckled, kissing her again.

"Meek, stoppp. You always tryna kiss on me before I can even brush my teeth and stuff."

"I do that because you fine as shit and I love you."

She raised an eyebrow at him before getting up, disappearing into the bathroom. Meek looked back towards the tv and sighed a little. Soon, Nicki came out and she climbed into the bed.

"Can I kiss you now?" Meek asked, leaning over, puckering his lips.

Nicki laughed, pushing him back. "Nooo!"

He chuckled, shaking his head. Nicki smiled a little, shaking her head. Sitting up some, she laid on her side, resting her head on her hand.

"I want to talk to you about something serious," she told him.

"Wassup?" He asked.

She sighed a little, looking at the tattoos on his chest. "I was thinking... maybe we need counseling, you know? For our marriage."

"Counseling? I thought we were good."

"That's the problem... we're not good, Meek. I'm partially to blame for leading you on with sex and everything. We're not good and there's still a lot of unsolved problems in our marriage - your affairs being the biggest one."

He sighed. "I already apologized, Nic. I try my hardest to make it up to you..."

"Infidelity isn't just something you can erase or be forgiven for just because you try to make it up to me. You don't even understand what that does to me," she said, shaking her head.

"Nic, we not about to have some stranger in our business," he said.

She sat up some. "So, you don't want a stranger in our business, but you're completely fine with having a stranger in our bed? Right? Correct me if I'm wrong."

"Aries isn't a stranger!" He protested.

Nicki stared at him for 10 long seconds, not saying anything. He sighed, running his hands down his face.

"You still seeing her?" Nicki finally asked.

"No, Onika. I'm not still seeing her."

Nicki nodded. "Oh, okay. I'm trying to make this shit work between us, but I can't push the wagon by myself."

She got up, going to her suitcase. She pulled out a pair of shorts, putting them on. Tying her hair up into a ponytail, she grabbed a jacket and her phone, then slid on a pair of shoes.

"Look... I'm not forcing you to be with me," she said, standing by the door. "There's the option of marriage counseling, and there's the option of divorce. Just know.. I'm not going to keep fighting for something that's completely ruined."

She walked out, closing the door behind her. Meek sighed, shaking his head.

***

"Daddy, can we get Starbucks?" Ayane and Asami asked at the same time, giggling.

Meek looked down at them and chuckled. "Starbucks? What y'all get from there?"

He picked them up, making them both giggle. Asami poked his nose, smiling.