Ninety-Six

| A Week Later |

After dropping her wonderful children off to Olivia's house, Nicki made her way to see the marriage counselor. When she got there, she went inside and signed in before going up to the counselors office. Going inside, she saw Meek sitting there in a suit. She closed the door behind her.

"You must be Mrs. Williams, correct?" The counselor asked, standing up to shake her hand.

"Yes. Nice to finally meet you."

The counselor gave her a smile. "Nice to meet you too. I'm Dr. Rachel Alonso. Feel free to call me Rachel or Dr. Alonso. You can sit wherever you'd like."

Nicki sat on the same couch as Meek, but further away. He glanced over, seeing her in an all black dress that showed off her wonderful figure. She had on light makeup and her hair was a little past her shoulder.

"Now that we're all here, we can get started. I'm just going to jump right in and ask what are your main issues?" Dr. Alonso asked.

"Infidelity and dishonesty," Nicki said, glancing at Meek.

The counselor nodded. "Okay, thank you. Let's start with infidelity. Who was it?"

"Me," Meek sighed.

"Okay, so was it a one time thing? Was it a recurring issue?"

He sat up some. "I met this woman at the hospital... she was a nurse. I thought she was beautiful, so I got her number. I would leave late nights to go see her but we didn't start having an affair for about two months."

"Okay, and how long did that last?" Dr. Alonso asked.

"Nicki found out during the first two months after I had already made Aries my girlfriend. Me and Nicki separated and I continued to be with Aries for eight months."

Dr. Alonso looked at Nicki who was shaking her leg as tears ran down her face. She sighed, standing up. She gave Nicki a box of tissues and sat back down.

"When Onika found out, how did you feel?" She asked him.

He sighed again, shaking his head.

"I felt like I betrayed her," he said honestly. "I saw the hurt in her eyes and I felt like shit."

"So why didn't you stop?!" Nicki asked, looking at him.

He stayed quiet, looking away. Nicki and Dr. Alonso both awaited his answer. When he didn't say anything, Nicki shook her head.

"Why do I even bother?" She asked out loud.

"Mr. Williams, is there a reason that you didn't put an end to your affair? You can tell me. Anything said in this room is confidential and will remain in this room."

Meek sighed. "I fucked up. I got her pregnant. She told me and I didn't want to just be that stereotypical black man to leave a girl as soon as I knock her up. She didn't make the baby herself."

"I will fucking kill you," Nicki threatened, tears pouring down her cheeks.

"Let's all take a breather. Onika, sweetheart, if you'd like to step out for some fresh air, you can."

Nicki shook her head. "No, because if I leave now, everything between me and him is done and I'm not fucking coming back."

Dr. Alonso nodded. "Well then, we'll continue. Robert, where is the child now?"

"She got an abortion."

"By choice?"

Meek nodded. "Yeah. We both knew we couldn't bring a baby into this world."