One Hundred Thirty One

| Weeks Later |

"Wassup?" Meek said, watching Nicki walk in with Rihyas.

"Thanks for the roses," she smiled.

He chuckled. "So you liked them?"

"Mhm," she nodded.

She bent down to Rihyas's level, fixing his shirt. She then stood up and looked at Meek, who was staring at her. Rihyas ran over, hugging him.

"Can I ride my bike?" He asked.

"Yeah, go ahead."

Rihyas ran off and Meek leaned against the wall, still eyeing Nicki. She wore gray biker shorts, a large white shirt, gray and white shoes, and a gray Nike baseball cap. Her hair was in a long ponytail.

"You look good," he told her.

"Thank you."

She looked over his outfit. He wore a black shirt, his chains, orange shorts, and black slides. He had a fresh haircut and his beard was trimmed nicely.

"You look good too. Haircut?"

"Yeah. I gotta present a case tomorrow morning."

She nodded. Rihyas rode his bike around the house, smiling at Nicki and Meek. Nicki laughed a little, shaking her head.

"What you doing tonight?" Meek asked.

"Nothing, why?"

He licked his lips. "Come over."

"I don't think so," she laughed.

"Nic."

She shook her head. "No, Meek. Things happen when you and I are together. Plus, what do I look like hanging with my ex husband while I'm in a relationship?"

"We not fucking. I just wanna chill. I need a peace of mind," he told her.

"That's what therapy is for, Meek."

He chuckled, looking at her. "Sometimes, I just wanna hang. Like friends or some shit. I know I fucked up and my chances of getting you back are slim as shit, but I miss being around you. All bullshit aside, I just need you around."

"I'll think about it."

He nodded. "Thank you."

"I gotta go."

With that, she walked out.

***

"So. How often do you get to meet up with your friends?" Nicki's therapist asked.

"Not often. I make time, but I still have kids to raise, a job, other errands," Nicki shrugged.

He nodded. "Does that effect you?"

"Not really. I love my friends to death, but I'd rather not see them every second of the day. I like to have me time, family time, and date nights with my boyfriend."

"That's good. Can you and your boyfriend really talk together?" He asked her.

She tilted her head. "About the situation?"

"Yep."

"Well, no. I haven't really told him anything about that. I don't like bringing it up and I don't know how he'd handle it. Everything's going good. I don't want to ruin it."

The therapist nodded.

"Well, you can tell him if you're comfortable."

"I know. I'm just afraid that he might think differently of me..? I hate people pitying me about what happened in the past. It's over. It's done."