One Hundred Twenty-Three

VERY SHORT CHAPTER

"Meek, can you hand me a diaper?" Nicki asked, holding Ariah who was very fussy.

Meek nodded, getting up. He got a diaper and handed it to Nicki. She thanked him and began changing Ariah's diaper.

"She small as shit. I'm scared to hold her," Meek chuckled, looking at their newborn.

"I know. She's so precious and little."

Meek watched as Nicki changed her and put her onesie back on. She stopped fussing and calmed down, looking up at Nicki. Nicki smiled and pecked her lips.

"You're such a cutie. I love you so much.."

Meek walked over to Nicki's side and looked down at Ariah. She was just two days old and she already had beautiful features. Her nose was small and round, she had full lips shaped like Nicki's and her very faint eyebrows were already in an arched shape.

"Damn, Nic. She look exactly like you already," Meek chuckled.

"I know," Nicki smiled. "I'm so happy, Meek. I had another baby. I can't believe it."

He smiled, kissing her cheek. "You perfect."

"Don't say that," she blushed.

"I think so."

He gently took Ariah from Nicki's arms and rocked her. Nicki smiled, watching him stare down at their daughter with so much love.

"The doctor should be coming in soon to check on y'all, ard? Y'all need to get some rest," he told her.

"I feel fine."

Meek licked his lips. "You probably do, but that don't mean anything. The doctor gotta make sure you healthy."

Nicki pouted and nodded. She climbed into the bed and Meek handed the baby to her. He kissed Nicki's forehead and stood up straight as he heard the doorbell ring.

"That's the doctor," Nicki said.

"I'ma get it."

He walked out and Nicki smiled down at Ariah. "I looooveeee you and I loveee your dad for helping me make you. You're the cutest."

She kissed her nose and Ariah yawned a little. Meek came back into the room with the doctor who immediately smiled.

"Hiiii. How are you and your little one?" She asked, placing her medical bag on the floor.

"Good. Everything is fine so far."

The doctor nodded. "That's wonderful. I'm just gonna wash my hands and check the baby's ears, eyes, and her heart. Then, I'm gonna check you down below to see how you're healing."

Nicki nodded and smiled. The doctor washed her hands, then grabbed Ariah, gently laying her on the receiving blanket on the bed. She grabbed her medical tools and checked her ears and eyes. Then she checked her heart with the stethoscope.

"She's looking very healthy. Also, I've received her test results from the lab. Everything's fine. She can see, she can hear. She has no heart conditions. She's gritting a healthy amount of oxygen. She's fine."

Nicki smiled. "That's good. My little plum-plum is healthy."

"She is. Dad, you can hold her while I check Onika."

Meek nodded, grabbing Ariah. He kissed her little hands as she fell asleep in his arms. The doctor put on a new pair of gloves and Nicki pulled the covers back, laying down some.

"Okay, so how have you been feeling since delivery?" The doctor asked.

"Exhausted and sore."

The doctor nodded. "That's expected. Have you experienced any bleeding?"

"Yes. I'm using pads for the bleeding."

"Good. Remember if it's still very sore for you, you should ice your  perineum. That'll help with the soreness. Also, try taking warm baths, hot showers, or using heating pads."

Nicki nodded. "Okay."

"I need you to go change your pad so that I can check for any excessive tearing or tears in your stitching."

Nicki got up and went into the bathroom. The doctor looked at Meek who was slowly rocking Ariah.

"Can you make sure that Onika isn't standing or sitting for long periods of time? She needs all the rest she can get."

Meek nodded. "I can do that."

Nicki soon came back out and they continued with the checkup.

***

Meek ran his fingers through Nicki's hair and kissed her lips. She sighed s little, looking at him.

"I love you so much, Meek. I wish you would do right by me. Thank you for giving me almost seven beautiful years of marriage," she smiled.

He pecked her lips again. "I love you, Nic. It'll always be us."

"I hope so..."

Meek felt his heart shattering. He knew that Nicki was serious about the divorce. Although he knew she deserved loyalty and happiness, it hurt him to know that soon they would be divorced. They had just brought a baby into the world and they were getting divorced. He sighed.

"Can we work on us?" He asked.

"No. I'm tired of working on something that can't be fixed," she laughed.

The laugh wasn't a genuine laugh. It was a laugh of someone who was angry and mentally tired. Meek just nodded.

"When we divorce, everything will be fine, Meek. We will still coparent and do things with the kids, but our marriage is over. We can tell the kids once the divorce is finalized."

Meek nodded. "Ard. Just know I love you. I never stopped loving you."

***

VERY short.
Time jump next chapter

chay 💛