One Hundred Twelve

September

"This is so so pretty," Nicki smiled, looking out at the water as she and Meek laid on the hammock.

She laid on his chest in her bikini while he held her. He wore his swim trunks. They stared out into the water, watching it glisten underneath the sunlight.

"You know why I love you so much, Nic?" He asked randomly.

She smiled against his chest. "Why?"

"Because you don't expect much from me. Even through all of our ups and downs, you still just want nothing but my time and my love," he told her.

"That's true. I don't care about your money or anything like that. You don't have to wait on hand and foot for me, either. I just want you to hold me and love on me and spend time with me. That really makes my heart warm."

He smiled, wrapping his arms around her a little more. "Am I making ya heart warm now, baby?"

"Yes," she giggled. "I love this a lot actually."

He rubbed on her ass and licked his lips a little, looking out onto the water. Nicki sighed happily, resting her small hand on his chest. Meek closed his eyes.

"What's something you love about me?" He asked.

"Well... I love how in tune you are with caring for our children. You know their likes and dislikes, you know their personalities, their fears, and what makes them happy. You do their hair and pack their lunches. You give them baths and you even read them bedtime stories. I love you so much for that because I know I'm not doing it all on my own," she told him.

He nodded. "I see what you mean. Some fathers can be there for his children, but still be absent."

"Yes. Some men don't take care of their children the way that you take care of yours. You are so amazing, Meek. I also love how affectionate you are. You're not afraid to love me."

"I'll never be afraid to love you, baby."

She smiled. "I know. Even when I feel ugly, you make me feel like the prettiest girl on earth."

He chuckled. "You are. I'm in love with ya beauty, Nic."

"Oh, I know," she laughed.

He smirked and shook his head. "What's something that annoys you?"

"Um... sometimes when we're going through something, you don't express yourself enough, so I never know how you're truly feeling. You turn into a robot almost. No emotion."

"Yeah... that's just because all of that arguing shit is so draining. I hate to argue with you, baby. I just be ready to make shit right."

She giggled. "Another thing that annoys me is that you still leave the toilet seat up. Do you know how scary it is to almost fall into the toilet?"

"I be forgetting," he chuckled, running a hand over his waves.

"Mhm. What do you love about me?"

Meek bit his lip. "Everything. You got a heart of gold. No matter how much shit you been through, you never turn cold. You keep moving forward."

"Yeah... I've decided that I can't keep letting my past define me. After being... you know... I try not to be so afraid, because when I'm afraid, I push people away. I don't like to push my loved ones away. They're not the ones who hurt me. It's just scary, though..."

"Is it easier for you to talk about it now, or do you still wanna speak to a professional?" He asked.

Nicki sat up some, straddling him in the wobbly hammock.