One Hundred Two

| Two Years Later |

Nicki had been in jail for two years while her sister Olivia had taken custody of her children. She managed to gather up almost all of the money for Nicki's bail. It was hard, considering the fact that she still needed to keep money to take care of the kids. $500,000 was a lot of money.

"Auntie, look at what Rihyas did," Ayane said, pointing to the chocolate pudding splattered on her plush, white carpet.

Olivia sighed, seeing Rihyas in his high chair with chocolate pudding on his mouth and hands. She walked over, cleaning up the mess from the carpet. She then got Rihyas out and took him to the kitchen to clean him up.

"Rihyas, you never fail to make a mess."

She cleaned him up and put him down. Since taking full custody of her sister's children, her life had changed drastically. She became responsible for their lives and took on a huge responsibility all while they wrecked her three bedroom, all white house. They had completely ruined her white carpet and white walls and they were brats to her.

"Asami, why are you crying?" Olivia asked.

"I want my mommy!" She cried hard, standing in the middle of the kitchen.

Her crying startled Rihyas, making him cry. Olivia sighed.

"It's okay, Asami. Your mom will be home before you know it, okay?" Olivia reassured her.

Asami nodded, still crying. She walked away and Olivia looked at Rihyas.

"Don't cry, Rihyas."

"I sad," he pouted, he lips quivering.

Olivia picked him up. "I know, but it's time to be a big boy, okay? Everything will be just fine."

"Mommy 'kay?" He asked.

"Yes. Your mommy is okay. She's gonna come home and she'll take you out for ice cream. I know you love ice cream."

He shook his head. Olivia nodded. "Oh yeah, I forgot. You don't eat sweet stuff. Um.. she'll take you to the movies."

He smiled. "Yay! Movies!"

***

"Hey, Nic," Adrian smiled, sitting across from her at the visitors table.

Nicki gave her a soft smile. "Hey.. how's everything?"

"I should be asking you that," Adrian giggled, trying to lighten the mood.

In the past two years, Adrian had gotten a promotion at her job, causing her to work more overseas. That meant less visiting time with Nicki. This was her first time visiting in 5-months.

"I'm hanging in here," Nicki said, her voice cracking. "Ten more years to go."

"Don't think like that, Nic. Olivia and I are getting money for your bail. Listen, we've already got $250,000. By the end of the year, we should have the other half. My job pays well," Adrian said.

Nicki shook her head. "Save that money for your kids, Adri. How are they?"

"We're bailing you out... and they're fine. Avery is so big now and AJ is talking so well."