Sixty-Nine

"I'm sorry," Nicki cried to Meek.

"Shhh. It's not your fault, baby. Try to get some sleep," he told her, kissing her lips.

She sniffled, looking up at him.

"Meek, our baby is going to die because of me. I'm so sorry," she said.

"Listen to me, baby. None of this is your fault, okay?" He said. "It was all apart of god's plan and you can't change his plans. It's gone be okay, ard? Just get some rest. Don't stress ya self out, baby. None of this is your fault, Nic. I promise when all of this is done, I'ma bless you with another child."

She nodded, sniffling. Meek wiped her tears and kissed her. He then kissed her forehead and smiled down at her.

"I love you, baby."

"I love you too," she said quietly.

Meek grabbed her hand. "Cheer up. When you get outta here, I'ma take you on vacation, ard? Just me and you."

"Okay," she nodded.

"Now take ya pretty ass to sleep. I'ma be right here in this chair watching over you," he told her.

She nodded and turned towards him as he sat down.

"I love you," she told him.

"I love you too, baby."

***

After Nicki's surgery to remove her tube and the egg, she was resting in the bed. Meek came in with Ayane and a bag of food.

"How you feeling?" He asked.

"I'm okay. A little sore, but I'm good," she told him.

He nodded and handed her some food.

"Hi, Mommy," Ayane waved.

Nicki smiled. "Hi, baby. Meek, put her up here."

He picked Ayane up, putting her in the bed, next to Nicki. She giggled and climbed on Nicki's lap, moving around.

"Auughhh," Nicki groaned in pain, moving Ayane off of her.

Meek jumped up and Ayane pouted, looking scared.

"I sorry! I sorry, Mommy!" She said, her eyes watering.

"It's okay, baby," Nicki breathed out. "Mommy's okay."

Meek grabbed Ayane. "You good, Nic? You need anything?"

She shook her head. "I'm okay."

"I hurt Mommy," Ayane cried.

"She okay, baby girl. Stop crying," Meek said, kissing her forehead.

She pouted, wiping her tears. Meek kissed all over her face while rubbing her back. She laid her head on his shoulder and soon fell asleep. He sat down and started eating while watching Nicki eat.

"Why are you watching me?" She laughed.

"I don't know. You so beautiful.."

She blushed. "Thank you, Meek. I'm in my hospital gown though, and my hair is messed up."

Meek shrugged. "So? You still beautiful as hell."

She blushed again, taking a sip of her drink. Putting it down, she ate a few more bites of food, then packed it up, putting it on the nightstand. Laying back, she sighed.

"I miss my babies," she said.

"It's only been a day, Nic," Meek chuckled.

Nicki smiled. "I know. I'm so used to seeing them everyday, though. My Tooda, my sweet baby Ayane, and my little Asami."