First date

Yay! Friday at last! Not only was it the last day of the week, but it was also the night of my “date” with Derek. My mind and body was filled with several feelings – excitement, nervousness, and anticipation of something good happening. I hurried downstairs to find Jason already ready for work. I assured him that I didn't needed breakfast, but he forced me to eat something. 

“You look awfully excited about work?” he said, obviously I had a smile on my face I couldn’t wipe off.

“Well.. it’s Friday!” I stated trying not to sound too squeaky cutting a loaf of bread.

“It truly is! You have plans?” he asked. It seemed like he already knew because he was wearing a teasing smile.

“Uhm yeah.. Derek and I are going to the bowling center.” I might have blushed a little bit when I said his name.

“Fancy! You know, he sucks badly, so you have a chance of beating him!” he assured me.

“Is that so? He convinced me he was a champion.” I didn't know who was joking, and Jason seized the moment to confuse me even more.

“Don’t believe anything you hear, vanillapuff.” was his statement when he got up from his chair to clean up his plate. 

“Oh.. ok.. uhm, we should get to work now, I’m done.. I'll just take this with me.” I said and grabbed the bread and quickly smeared some butter on it. 

After finishing breakfast and experiencing Jason’s weirdness when he forced me to sit down at the table and finish my bread like a 'good girl', we drove to work. Still no sign of Chad so there was still a lot to do. He’d called the office though and told he’d try to be at work on Monday. Even though he could be clingy and a pain in the ass, he was needed at work, so I hoped he’d show up.

Work ended at 5:30 and Jason and I hurried home, or at least I felt I had to hurry. I needed to take a shower and eat before going out with Derek.

Jason’s POV:

When Molly and I got home it was like something had bitten her, she hurried upstairs and I heard her turn on the shower. I couldn’t help but smile a little, I’d felt her heart rate risen on the walk home, she was looking forward to be with Derek. I decided to call him now when I knew she was occupied. I hadn’t heard from him all day, so I assumed he’d made up his mind and still was going out with her. I’d be pissed if he called it off in the last minute now Molly was all “worked up”.

“It’s Derek.”

“Hey fluffpaws! So, the date is still on?” 

“Hey.. gay puppy.. Uhm yes, it is. Besides, I need to do it, if we don’t get all the facts straight soon we won’t be able to find out who the enemy is and what he wants.”

He seemed determined, but also a little nervous. It was a big decision and a lot was at stake, and I didn’t need to remind him about that. Yet I'd hoped he would sound a little more excited. He made the date sound like a business meeting. 

“Ok if you’re sure. She seems like looks forward to see you, so I don’t hope you change your mind within the hour.” I poked at him, still hoping for a human reaction from him. He seriously needed something else on his mind than his grumpy thoughts. 

“She does?” he asked surprised and I got the sign of humanity I'd been looking for.

“Yeah.. but remember what I said yesterday, I’ll be in the woods and I can’t promise you I will get you if you don’t show up.”

“I know, but don’t worry, I will be on time.”

“Good. Anyway, I need to help gramps with dinner. I don’t dare to delay Molly tonight. See you later, loverboy!”