Screaming

It was early morning when I woke up. I saw another bed had been moved to the room and someone blonde was sleeping in it. It was Tammie. I was a bit confused, how long did I sleep again? I felt my back aching, actually my whole body was sore from lying in a bed for so long. I decided to go to the bathroom and take a warm shower. I needed that. When lying in the tub I thought about all the side effect of lying in a bed, it was weird being the patient now. I felt more energetic today though than I’d been yesterday. I definitely needed to go for a walk or something. I wished I had some of my own clothes here too. Maybe Rose would bring me some, the hospital probably wouldn’t let me out just yet. If I needed to stay here I’d at least like to have a book here or my laptop. I closed my eyes and felt the warm hot water warm up my skin and muscles and made my whole body relaxed. I could sit here forever, but I’d probably turn into a raisin. When I got up again I dreaded the thought of getting into the hospital gown once again.

Tammie was awake when I got back into my hospital bed. She smiled, even though I could see her face was worried.

“Good morning, how are you doing? You look a bit better.” She asked.

“I.. yeah..”

I spoke.. I spoke a little! I got all ecstatic, but I couldn’t say anything else. That disappointed me a little, I guess Tammie could see my frustration in my body language.

“It’s progress, don’t worry, it’ll come.”

I huffed. I hated being trapped inside myself. I wanted to talk to everyone, I wanted to know all about what happened. I had many questions.

“Rose will soon here, do you want her to bring anything?”

I nodded and pointed at my gown.

“Aaah, your own clothes, I understand. How about something to read? Laptop?”

It was like she read my mind!

I nodded and smiled. Maybe communicating with Tammie without a spoken language wasn’t that bad.

“Ok, I will call her now, and then I’m gonna take a quick shower before going to work, ok? Sam and I will visit you in the lunch break.” She said and gave me a hug.

A few minutes later the door opened and Jason came in. He was carrying something big, a present, and he seemed to be complaining a little about it.

“Jesus. Hey Molly! Where’s Tammie?” He asked.

I pointed at the bathroom.

“Ok. Anyway, I’ll be off for work in a bit, but Derek insisted that I brought you these. I have no idea why, but he showed up in the middle of the night after we got home from the shift. I’ve already drunk a pot of coffee, it’s gonna be a long day! Anyway, I’ll see you later and…”

His attention was caught by Tammie who came out from the bathroom only wearing a towel.

“Hi Jason. What’s all this?” she asked. At that time I was sure he hadn’t told her he wasn’t gay and it made me laugh inside to think of how he had to love this moment. I felt a little bad for Tammie too.

“Hi.. uhm. Well Derek’s order, I have no idea what it’s all about.”

I wasn’t sure, but did I see him blush a little?

Tammie didn’t notice though, she was busy finding some clothes for work.

“I’ll be off, see you later girls!”

It didn’t take long before Tammie was out too. That left me with the stuff Jason brought. I unpacked the big present. I was shocked to see it was a painting. I recognized it. It was the one Derek was working on. I held it up in front of me, it was pretty. Then I heard a piece of paper falling to the ground. I picked it up. I read the message on the back, it said,