A vampire's tricks

Damon’s POV:

I was getting more and more agitated. The plan about acting like a physical therapist wasn’t as good as I thought, it required more work than I wanted to put into it. On the outside everything seemed so easy, I just thought of it as training, but apparently there is more to it than that. I’d just had to “cheat” by compelling an old man to letting him drink my blood to get better, just to fake an improvement. I had just cleaned his face when Molly knocked on the door. I could sense it was her before she even showed herself in the door frame. She wasn’t that bad looking at all, it’d be a shame if it came to be necessary to kill her. Unfortunately, she wasn’t stupid either, I’d say her friend Sam was way easier to fool.

“Hey, sorry, I thought you were done in here.” She said.

“Nono, it’s ok, Eric and I are just finishing up. He’s been going through some great improvements! Right Eric?” I said proudly. I hoped I’d removed all signs of my little trick.

 “Sure we have, I’m already feeling much better!” Eric uttered, just as I’d told him to say that if anyone asked.

Eric grabbed his one crutch and went out after we’d said our goodbyes. Meanwhile Molly was going through the shelves by the window.

“Are you looking for something?” I asked. I knew my meddling would annoy her, which only satisfied me.

“Mmh.. yeah.. seen a gliding board anywhere?”

Not knowing what she was talking about I could honestly say that I hadn’t.

“Hmm.. weird, I could have sworn it was in here the other day.”

“Sooo.. Sam tells me you guys went dress shopping yesterday, can I expect you to show up super gorgeous tomorrow night?” I asked her, pulling off my best smile.

I could tell she was a little embarrassed and didn’t really know where to put herself in the room or where to look.

“Uhm.. I guess that’s a subjective opinion. But yeah, I bought a dress so it’d be stupid not to show up.”

“As I told you the first day when you showed me around I know how to dance, so how about I let me prove that to you, huh? You think you can spare the new guy one single dance? I hear your boyfriend might not be there, let’s make him suffer for that?”

“Maybe he comes, maybe he doesn’t.. I dunno. Uhm.. I guess we have to see what happens tomorrow, right? I’ve already promised someone else a dance, so. I’m sorry, I’m very busy I need to find that board. I’ll see you.” She said, blushing a little. Teasing her was beginning to become one of my favorite new hobbies.

“Don’t worry, you will.” I said to myself when she left the room in a hurry. For once, she didn’t lie to me about having many things at hand.

I decided to find Sam, I had something important to ask her. I was looking at the watch on the wall, it was almost noon so she’d be in the cafeteria in a few minutes. She could be very annoying, but when you’ve been deadly alive for over 100 years you build up a tolerance for that sort of thing.

I was right, she was sitting in the cafeteria waiting for her girlfriends to join her. She spotted me right when I was entering the room, we caught eye contact and she looked a little surprised that I went straight over to her.

“Hey galfriend, can we have a talk?”

“Sure Damon, anytime. Is it about tomorrow?” She asked.

“Sort of. Can we go somewhere more… private?” I asked while looking her right into the eyes while compelling her to do exactly as I said.

“Sure. Follow me. I know a place no one comes.”