Who am I?

”Molly? Are you awake?” I heard Sam’s voice asking me.

“I am now…” I said, rubbing my eyes.

I was alone in my bed and I started to wonder if I’d only been dreaming Derek had showed up and saved from my nightmare with Damon.

“Sorry. I just wanted to check up on you.. I felt bad leaving you with Derek.. I mean.. I was afraid it was a wrong choice.”

She was worried, I could tell. I opened my eyes and sat up in my bed. She looked at me, trying to figure out if I was faking that I was ok, or if it was true.

“Seriously Sam, I’m getting better. I had a bad dream last night, but it somehow helped. At least it gave me my voice back. Sam what is wrong, you look like you’re about to cry?” I asked.

She jumped up in my bed and hugged me. She was shaking a bit.

“I’m just so sorry.. if I hadn’t been so stupid and naïve.. I should never have invited him to the dance.”

I gently tried to pull her away from me to get eye contact with her. Her brown eyes was filled with guilt.

“Sam please don’t blame yourself. Damon probably tricked you, like he tricked me. He used some kind of.. I don’t know, hypnosis. He told me not to yell for help, and I couldn’t. I was trapped. He probably did that to you too. But.. he couldn’t…”

Now I suddenly started to remember things I hadn’t thought about before.. being compelled and all that.Sam became impatient, “He couldn’t what?”

“He made me take off some jewelry, because he couldn’t compel me when I had them on..”

“Really? Hmm.. better tell Rose about that.. she hasn’t mentioned anything about that when we’ve been researching.”

“You guys hit the books, huh?” I asked, feeling a little bad that I hadn’t been able to help.

“Yeah.. Tammie and I try to find out how he can walk in daylight. Jason has forced the new gardener to get as much vervain he can. He’s been trying to convince the poor guy that he’s a snaps enthusiast and he’s working on a new experiment.”

The thought of Jason making snaps made me smile, I’m sure he’d save some of the vurvain just to see if it’s possible.

“But let’s talk later, ok? Please don’t fall asleep again! I have to go to work now. I’m so glad you’re feeling better.”

“Me too.. see you later.” I pulled off a smile for her.

I got up from my bed and walked to the bag Rose had brought for me. Now I was awake I could as well get dressed. I wanted to see if I could do some research of my own on my computer, I didn’t like being left outside. Besides, I was feeling better now and I could look at Derek without getting a panic attack. But where had he gone anyway?
I heard the door to the bathroom open slowly, the squeaking sound made the blood in my veins freeze. Who was in there?

“Please don’t freak, it’s just me.” I heard Derek say.

How did he know I was about to freak? It had to be his new senses.

“Oh.. it’s you.. I thought you had gone home.” I said while turning around to face him.

“No I just…”

“.... Hid from Sam?” I asked, raising an eyebrow.

“… well the others don’t really approve of me being here yet. So.. I didn’t want to make her worried.”He said, rolling his eyes a bit.

“Hehe, rebel!” I said, smiling at him.

“You seem better. No more bad dreams?” he said, smiling because of my comment.