Getting ready for a good time

After cake Sam and Tammie literally hijacked me and dragged me into my room. They demanded details about how and when Derek and I hooked up. After I’d told them everything they both with their mouths open. Tammie, who I’d noticed was the most mature of the cousins was the first to speak.

“That’s.. one story.. But seriously Molly, you could have been killed? It’s romantic and everything and I’m happy for you, I just hope that you take care of yourself and doesn’t throw you into something you can’t handle.”

“I know guys. But.. I have to take some chances in life, this feels right. If I don’t follow my heart and instincts, I’ll probably go insane. I guess you think I already am, so.. if I didn’t got together with Derek it wouldn’t have made a difference but the fact that I feel happy now.”

I was feeling so happy, it was like I was caught in the middle of a chick flick. Usually that wasn't my style, but I guess all of my emotions were hightened. I guess it was because my head had been working overtime lately.

“Tammie why do you always have to be so serious? After everything she’s been through let her at least have a good time! Look at the bright side, she could have been scared to death?!” Sam was ecstatic.

“We need to celebrate this! I think us youngsters need a night out with the boys, huh? What do you say, shouldn’t ask them if they are up to it?” Sam looked like a little puppy, she was irresistible and she was right, it would be nice to let loose for just one evening.

“I’m in, how about you Tammie?”

A party might not be such a bad idea I thought. I needed to get rid of the mess inside my head and fun was usually the right cure when you needed to clear your head.

“Of course, I know Sam wouldn’t stop begging anyway if I said no..” Tammie said.

“Yippie! I’ll go downstairs and ask them!”

Sam hurried down the stairs, I’m sure I heard her almost tripping on one of the steps.

“Come on, let’s join her.” Tammie said, she sounded like a mom giving up calming down her child.

When we came down Sam was already convincing the boys why we should get wasted and have fun. Jason was easy to convince. “OF COURSE! Derek, you NEED to join too! We could go to The Beacon, I haven’t been there for ages!”

Since Derek didn’t have a choice anyway he just looked at me and smiled and said, “Then let’s have a party. We need to get some booze and stuff first, we don’t have any I think.”

“We’ll all go shopping!” Sam squealed. I was actually a little worried she’d explode from excitement, she could be a little scary sometimes.

Derek and I were the last people out of the house, the others were a little ahead of us. I’d pulled off an excuse about changing my shirt just to have a chance to be alone with Derek. I found another shirt, put it on, and hurried downstairs again.

“Are you ok? I’m sorry about Jason, I’d really thought he’d have kept the secret.” Derek asked when I was putting on my shoes.

“It wasn’t the way I’d imagined Rose would get to know about it, but.. now everyone knows now and that’s kinda nice, right?” I looked up into his green eyes.

“I agree. Now let’s catch up with the others, that Sam is something, huh? I don’t wanna see her mad.”

He put his arm around my shoulder and started walking to the supermarket.

After being pushed around by Sam and Jason, who appeared to be the ultimate party squad, we got everything they thought we needed for a party. Rose was going to poker night with some of her old lady friends, so she wouldn’t be home in the evening. When we were at the store Derek’s boss called. Apparently someone had gotten seriously ill in his store in L.A. so he needed Derek to fill in for a week or so, he was the only guy he knew who had the expertise to do the job on such short notice. He wouldn’t have to leave until tomorrow evening, so he could still be at the party tonight. I was a little sad that he had to leave for so long, but I knew he’d be back soon. Sam was more bummed than I was.