Planning and considerations

Waking up in Derek’s arms was a pleasure. I felt his thumbs caressing my shoulder which told me he was already awake.

“Good morning.” He said.

I looked up at him, his hair looked a bit messy and it suited him a lot. He needed a shave soon though and I decided to comment on it.

“Good morning, wookie man!” I said while rubbing my index finger gently against his chin.

“Are you commenting on my pirate beard?” he joked.

“Hehe.. Maybe I do!”

Suddenly I thought of a song named Wolves of the Sea that had been in a tv show a few years back. In Europe we had an annual song contest where each country in Europe had chosen a song to attend in the show and every country would vote for their favorite song.  

“What are you thinking about?” he asked curiously.

“I just think I have something to show you!”

“I’m sure you do..” he said.

He pulled me closer and kissed me on the neck. His beard stubs tickled me, but I couldn’t escape his iron grip and struggling to get up only made it tickle even more.

“HAHAHAHAHA STOP HAHAHAHAHA!” I demanded.

He paused only to get on top of me looking straight into my eyes. I noticed they changed color from green to red a couple of times while he seemed like he was studying my whole face.

“What is it?” I asked a little confused.

He smiled at me and his eyes turned green again.

“I was just trying something. You know, my senses are increased and now I’m pretty good at sensing when you’re sad or afraid. Just now I tried to pick up all your happy emotions.” He said pulling off a huge smile.

He didn’t have to tell me the result, he looked ecstatic. It was a change I’d noticed since he’d turned into an alpha. His emotions were heightened, maybe other people’s mood more easily affected his own mood? Or was it just me?

“Ooh.. it seems like it worked out fine, huh?” I asked and blushed.

I placed my hands on his fluffy cheeks and kissed him. From how our kiss quickly grew very aggressive and steamy I didn’t doubt my own comment. It felt like he was driven and stimulated by my feelings and it was both thrilling and scary. There was no touching though, it didn’t come to that since Derek suddenly stopped.

“Jason’s coming up.” He whispered and laid himself down next to me.

I was still trying to catch my breath collecting myself and my emotions. It was the closest I’d ever been to giving in and.. well.. start doing “it”.

The door opened and Jason came in.

“Good morning, furry buddies! Wanna get some breakfast with me before Sam and Tammie gets here?” he asked.

I didn’t think he knew what he’d just interrupted, or else he’d have a teasing look on his face.

“Sure, we’ll be down in a sec.!” I said and smiled at him like nothing had happened.

Jason left and when he’d closed the door I looked at Derek. He was staring into the wall looking a bit frightened.

“What’s wrong Derek?” I asked suspiciously.

Then he looked at me and said, “I’m sorry. I got carried away before. I need to be more in control.”

“No it’s ok, don’t worry about it. I got carried away too.” I said trying to make him stop blaming himself.