Alpha or not?

Derek’s POV:

Work was still hectic and I was kind of glad to still be busy, it took my mind off the things Dylan had said to me the other night. I was torn, it made sense if I was feeling different that I had become something else than I used to be, but I didn’t want to acknowledge it. Me being out of control wouldn’t help at all. Today was Wednesday it meant 2 days until the fall ball in Beacon Hills. Would it even be responsible for me to go if I could get back in time? It wasn’t my thing really and I wouldn’t normally go if it hadn’t been to see Molly in a nice dress having a good time. Or was she even into such thing? She hadn’t really expressed an extreme desire to go with me like girls normally do.

“Gosh, I don’t even know her…” I mumbled to myself when I was taking a break from work.

The thought made me a little sad and woke up a desire inside of me to change that. I would like to know everything about her. But why? It’s not me to be caring about things like that? Why does it matter to me which color is her favorite, if she wants to go to a fancy dance or what music she likes best? ‘This isn’t gonna get any easier’ I thought to myself.
I went outside the workshop to get some air. When I got out I felt I was watched. I used all of my senses and I quickly figured out it was Dylan again.

“What are you doing here?” I said, knowing he would be able to hear me from the distance he was stalking me.

“I want to prove that I am right. You don’t have to explain how or why this happened, I just wanna convince you that I am telling the truth.”

“How?” I asked, trying not to sound like I cared.

“If you allow me to come closer and you don’t try to strangle me once more, I can explain.” He said.

“Stay away, I’m working!” I snarled, I could feel my temper rising and I didn’t wanna risk turning at work.

If he really was right, what was I gonna do? Besides, I had no time for his games, today I insisted on going at 4 pm so I could get to the bank. I needed to get those things my dad had locked up.

I was finally first in line at the bank and I showed the woman behind the counter the paper with the number of the safety box.

“Aha.. Ok, I need some ID. I have a list of people who are allowed to get into that box and I can’t give you access unless you’re one of them.”

“Ok… Fine. Here you go.” I showed her my driver’s license. I hated waiting, and her being difficult was not helping my mood at all.

“Derek Hale. Let’s check if you’re on the list… aaaand… no, I’m sorry. You’re not on it.”

“What? It’s my dad’s stuff that is in there!”

“Maybe your dad didn’t want his son to have it. There is nothing I can do, I’m sorry.”

“Yes I bet you are.”

I left in anger. Even after he was dead he was still messing up my day. But I was stubborn, I needed to know what was in that vault and why I was not supposed to have access to it. But how could I… no.. that was too risky… but it was maybe my only chance?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile in Beacon Hills

“Molly? Are you there?” Sam asked.

She was trying on her 8th dress and I was rather tired and I found myself starring out of the window drifting into my own quiet world. It wasn’t because I was stressed at work, I was just tired of thinking about what to do with Lisa and worried about what it meant if vampires suddenly existed. I knew Jason and Rose were desperately trying to find proof. Rose had also asked if Sam and Tammie wanted to check it out, maybe the witches new something. But for some reason dress shopping had become their first priority, they’d never met a vampire either so they weren’t in a hurry.