Frustration

I was lucky it was a weekend, because I hadn’t gotten much sleep last night. I still couldn’t believe he kissed me. My whole body was tingling when I tried to memorize my lips against his. I looked at my phone, it was only 8 am, but I had an urge to call Derek to make sure hadn’t dreamed because I’d be pretty embarrassing. Furthermore there was something else I felt I needed to say. It’d all been going so fast. 14 days ago Derek had helped me fixing my car and yesterday he kissed me for the first time. It was a dilemma for me, because my last boyfriend gave me a few trust issues and this was going so fast and I didn’t even know if I could trust Derek. I’d only known him for 2 weeks, but something made everything seem right when I was with him. I took a deep breath and called him.

“It’s Derek.”

“Hey.. uhm.. it’s me, Molly.”

“Hey. You’re up early on a Sunday?”

“Uhm.. yeah.. I mean.. I had a hard time falling asleep yesterday. You know, because of last night..”

“I messed up, didn't?” he asked, asounding worried.

“Nonono! It’s not that! Don’t worry, it was.. amazing. It’s just that.. everything is going so fast. It is not that I don’t like you, I just don’t know you yet. Can we maybe keep this between us for a little while?”

“Sure.. if you feel like we need to slow down, I understand.” he said, still not completely convinced that I was ok. 

“And.. there’s more…”

“More?”

“Yeah.. my last and first boyfriend was kinda.. it didn’t end well and he left me shortly after the accident, so.. It’s not because I think you’re like him, I just..”

“Molly, you don't have to worry. We keep this to ourselves until you feel ready to tell about whathappened last night.”

“Thanks.. I’m so relieved that you understand.”

“Don’t worry.”

“I won’t. But I gotta go now, I can hear Jason is up and I will help him clean the living room. I will see you soon?”

“You will. Take care, pirate.”

Whew.. he understood.. the day just got even better. I blushed a bit when he called me pirate, I couldn't explain why.

I got up and got dressed and went down to Jason.

“Good morning mrs. Molly! Did you sleep well? How did I get to bed last night?”

“Yeah I did. Derek and I had to follow you to bed, you were so tired. I bet the two muffins you ate beat you pretty bad?”

“NONSENSE! I won, I was just tired after the fight…like every other wounded soldier would be..”

“Yeah ok.. uhm.. should I get the vacuum cleaner?”

“Yeah do that, I start cleaning up the table and couch.”

After we’d cleaned up the living room Rose came home. She insisted we had a cup of coffee with her since we hadn’t seen much to each other the last few days. It was so hard not to yell, “I KISSED DEREK!”, but I knew that I wouldn’t be ready for their questions and reactions. I wasn’t sure if Jason could feel I was hiding something. I tried not to act different than I used to, but sometimes I caught him looking at me with suspicion. After an hour socializing with Rose Jason needed to go, he had some plans with an old friend, but I decided to help Rose in the garden.

Jason and Derek:

Jason knocked on my front door. I opened up and I was pretty surprised that Jason had come over.

“Uhm.. do we have plans?” I asked confused.

“No, but you haven’t filled me in on what you have found out about Molly’s dad yet! Plus, she was acting a little weird today.. have you said anything to her? Do I need to be alert or suspicious?” he asked concerned.

“I haven’t said anything and I don’t think you need to be so worried. But I actually have a lot of news for you.”

“Spill it!” Jason demanded and jumped right into my couch from the door he was standing in. I joined him and started explaining.

“Christian Sommer IS Molly’s dad. Molly also confirms that what you read in the article is true, or at least that is what Molly knows about the plants and what he was gonna do with them. But she also told me that when her dad’s former colleagues when to collect the plants, she couldn’t find them anywhere. Do you think someone didn’t want Christian to do this project? I mean, it seems stupid because it’s for a good cause.. unless it’s just a cover up story and in reality the project was about something else?” I asked. I'd started to fear that some of Jason's thoughts were true.

“You mean, werewolf related?” he asked.

“Maybe..”

I hadn’t been thinking all the information through until that moment. I'd been trying to convince Jason this wasn’t hunter related events, but had I only been doing that to make excuses to hang out with Molly and justify the feelings I had about her? I knew that if she really was a hunter and she’d been lying  to me, it would crush me completely. I had opened up way too much for Molly already, if she decided to.. I didn't wanna think about it. I also knew this info would make Jason paranoid.

“SEE! She must be a hunter!” Jason yelled. He was getting pretty worked up.

“Hey hey.. slow down, maybe she doesn’t have anything to do with this! Remember, she hasn’t shown any signs that would make us suspect she is a hunter. She might not know anything else than what she's already told me.”

I tried to calm him down. 

“Well we need to find out more about this ‘project’ and why it was stopped. It must be connected to her family’s accident and this means.. well.. it means that it might be a werewolf who is behind it.”

“Like an alpha that just killed the gardener who sold Christian the wolfs bane…” I added.

“Ok.. Molly seriously needs protection if this theory is reality..” Jason said seriously. He was right. But it was still hard to know what was the right thing to do when we didn't have more information.

“I know…”

I was now frustrated. This wasn’t fair. I’d finally met someone I felt strangely confortable being around, someone I felt kind of completed me, and suddenly she’s caught up in this huge drama! Maybe she was a hunter, maybe she wasn’t, but one thing was certain – she was in great danger. No matter what I wasn’t ready to lose her to my own suspecioness, at least not before he knew the truth.

“So what do we do?!” Jason uttered in frustration.

To be continued…