1

FLASHBACK, 1224, FRANCE

After the Mikaelson family got settled in at French Court, posing as a family of nobles, they watched as a brown-haired girl walked through the door and entered the large room where many people were gathered. Her arms were locked with a man that looked almost twice her age. She had a long brown hair that fell down to her waist. She wore a white silk dress and she wore numerous pieces of jewelry on her body. She had an emotionless look on her face, not seeming happy to be there. The man she was with had long, curly blonde hair that almost touched his shoulders. He had blue eyes and a scruffy beard. He was someone of a higher status than just some normal noble, the clothes he was wearing, Kol figured he was probably a duke or a count.

Kol was mesmerized by the girl standing before him. His mouth slightly gaped open as he stared at the girl. He leaned toward one of the servants in the room, "Do you happen to know who that lovely girl is?" He asked curiously, a smirk playing on his lips, "She's beautiful

"That is Princess Mallory, my lord. King Louis' youngest daughter and the last child born from him and the late Queen Nicolette, the king's first wife." The servant explained to Kol before continuing to do his work.

The subjects parted like the Red Sea as Mallory walked through, allowing her to walk right over to where her father sat on his throne. She bowed to her father, "Your majesty." She greeted him while her arm remained linked with the man beside her, leaning her head downwards before finally looking up.

As she walked away with the man Kol presumed to be her fiancee, Mallory soon noticed his eyes on her and turned to glance at him. She smiled slightly, but not enough to have people noticing that she was smiling at a man that wasn't the one she was courting. As she and Kol locked eyes, Kol smiled back at her.

The more he stared at her as she walked away, the more the thought of her became impossible to get out of his head. By the time she had left the room, Kol could get not get the thought of her off his mind. Kol never believed in love at first sight but he knew no other way to describe what he was feeling.

Present day, Mystic Falls

Mallory was walking through Mystic Falls with shopping bags in her hands, having a three-way call with Elena and Caroline, "What are you two doing?" Elena asked the two girls, who had been out shopping separately all morning.

"Just shopping for the party that your sorry ass is trying to bail out on," Mallory informed her with a smile on her face.

Elena sighed, "I never said yes in the first place, Mallory." She reminded her.

"You were never going to which is why we planned it anyway," Caroline retorted with a smile on her face, "And my mom wants you to call her."

"Did she find something?" Elena asked her concerned.