3

Flashback, 1224

Days after and numerous shared glances later, Mallory locked eyes on Kol once more during a celebration in the ballroom before gesturing for him to follow her out of the room.

Kol told his brothers that he would be right back before walking down the hallway, only to find Mallory standing in the empty ballroom, clearly waiting for Kol to arrive. Once locking eyes on Kol, Mallory began to quickly walk down the hallway once more, Kol trying his best to keep up without using his vampire speed. He didn't want to reveal himself as a vampire.

Mallory lifted up the skirt of her dress off the ground so she wouldn't trip as she ran through the doorway on the opposite side of the room that she entered through.

Kol turned the corner, only to find Mallory standing there, leaning against the wall. He walked closer to her and Mallory kept her eyes locked on him.

"What is your name?" Mallory asked, her French accent thick.

"Kol," He informed her, a smile on his face, "Kol Mikaelson."

"Mallory Montague," She introduced herself, "But I have a feeling you already know that, don't you?" She questioned and Kol nodded.

Kol grabbed Mallory by the hand, pulling her closer to him. She broke the gap between them and Kol placed his hand on the side of her neck as he pulled her in for a kiss. Mallory allowed this to happen and their lips began to move in sync until she heard voices nearby.

Mallory quickly pulled away from Kol, "I have to go." She told him quickly, not wanting to be caught.

"Later!" Kol called out after her as Mallory stormed off.

Once making it to her room, Mallory closed her bedroom door. She smiled slightly, pressing her back against the door as she touched her lips with the tips of her fingers.

___

Present Day, 2010

After Tyler ended up having to leave, Mallory got dressed and went to Damon's room, where he was removing all the notes, maps, and newspaper cuttings from his closet while listening to the TV news, which happened to be all about Andie's death.

"How was your little sleepover?" Damon asked his sister sarcastically when he heard her enter the room.

"Fantastic, actually. We almost spent the whole night--" She began to explain the story to Damon, wanting to annoy him.

Damon cringed in disgust, "Spare me the details," He cut her off, "I'd like to stick with my usual happy dreams at night, not nightmares about what you and Tyler Lockwolf spent the night doing in your room."

Mallory smirked, letting out a large, amused laugh just before Elena entered, "Just can't stay away, can you?" Damon commented, clearly unamused that Elena had decided to pay a visit.

"You've been dodging my calls," Elena informed Damon as she walked over to where he and Mallory stood in front of the closet door.

"Yeah, well, busy dating a dead fake girlfriend and all," Damon replied and Elena gave him a sympathetic look, which was clearly the last thing he wanted.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Elena asked him quietly.

"Happy Birthday, Elena.," Damon began to mimic a scenario out loud in a sarcastic tone, "Stefan killed Andie. Cake?"

Damon bumped shoulders with Elena as he walked over to the fireplace so that he could burn the papers that were in his hands.

"He called me, Damon." Elena suddenly revealed, causing both vampires to turn to her with a shocked expression on their faces.