50

It was morning time and at the Salvatore Boarding House, Mallory, Stefan, and Damon were throwing around a football.

"So what has it been, eight, nine days?" Damon asked as he tossed Mallory a football and she tossed it to Stefan.

"Yeah, eight or nine days," Stefan confirmed, nodding his head as he caught the ball, "I don't know. I lost count."

"We lost count of the consecutive days in which Elena Gilbert has not killed anyone," Damon commented as he looked satisfied, "I'd say that's progress, guys."

"Second that," Mallory replied, nodding her head in agreement.

"What are we going to do? Just throw the football around for another one-hundred-and-fifty years until Elena gets her humanity back because I'm cool with that," Stefan replied and Mallory was quick to speak up.

"Sounds like a plan. I don't have anything else better to do," Mallory answered as she caught the ball Stefan threw to her, "It's not like Elena wants the cure. She'll surely start killing people if she knows you lot are still trying to get it for her."

"All right. We could always, uh, make her want it," Stefan suggested, earning a weird look from Mallory.

"Yeah. How are you going to make an emotionless vampire want anything?" Damon complained and Mallory knew he had a point.

"Get her to flip her humanity switch," Stefan proposed in a calm tone.

"So, what are we gonna do? Pull a Lexi, bombard her with emotions till one of them sticks?" Damon questioned, a curious look on his face.

"Yeah, and if that doesn't work, then we go to plan 'b'—Lock her up and keep her sidelined until the three of us figure out a plan 'c'," Stefan explained, causing Mallory to give him a puzzled look.

"Wait, what happens when she gets slammed with every emotion she's lacked since Jeremy died?" Mallory found herself asking her brothers, knowing for a fact they must have not thought that out.

"Well, then Damon will be right by her side ready to help her through it," Stefan explained and a mocking look appeared on Damon's face.

"Right, because you don't want to keep reliving history," Damon retorted as he began to walk over to Stefan, "And when this is all over, you're just gonna get out of her life."

Stefan smiled slightly, looking down at the ground before back at Damon. "Bingo."

Mallory frowned, glancing between Damon and Stefan in concern. It was surely not going to end well.

____

At a dress boutique in Mystic Falls, Mallory was trying on her prom dress alongside Bonnie and Caroline.

"What kind of dreams?" Caroline ended up asking Bonnie after she and Mallory had been told about the dreams Bonnie was seeming to have every night.

"Usually, I'm at his grave, and then, all of a sudden, he appears to me," Bonnie informed them and Mallory stared into the mirror, smiling at the dress she wore in admiration.

"Well, you never got to say good-bye, Bon," Caroline reminded Bonnie, a sympathetic look on her face, "You're grieving. That's normal."

"When I woke up, the couch was on fire," Bonnie suddenly confessed, causing Mallory to stare at her with wide eyes.

"Well, then," She muttered under her breath.

"I don't know if it's because I was emotional in my dream or if Shane was right," Bonnie began to tell the duo with an uneasy look on her face, "Without his help, I'll lose control of my magic."